Hi Community!
Hi Everyone.

I'm 26 and currently employed full time as an artist with a startup game company. I know I'm really blessed to have this opportunity but I completely hate the job.  My boss is unwilling to compromise or work with me on anything and because he is not an artist, and I'm the only artist involved, I get no feedback, guidance or encouragement to push my work.

I had a rough experience in private art college (eventually I was forced out of the program and finished my game design degree at a state college) and its mostly left me with nothing but debt and regret.  

I stubbornly refused to participate in the communities provided at either of my schools because I am stupid and stubborn.  I now realize my lack of artist peers and community is a huge detriment and a barrier to me being able to improve my work, improve myself and feel good about myself.  (I tie my self-worth into my art pretty heavily).

I discovered this forum through Noah Bradley's website.  I hope I can take his Art Camp courses, but currently I don't have enough money.  In the mean time I hope to participate in the community, work on studies and sketches, and improve myself.

This is my portfolio: https://www.behance.net/Waywardbun
I'm just starting a Deviant Art where I'm hoping to keep track of my studies: http://solipselene.deviantart.com/

Study I did this morning:
[Image: master_study__landscape__1_by_solipselene-d9rcglq.jpg]

Sorry for rambling!  Thanks for reading, I'm hoping I can make some friends here :)
Oh man,I feel your pain!
Once i applied to university on illustration course. And more than a month we didn't draw a single  f@c@n' line. We were just reading and fantasizing. Then I asked our teacher when are we gonna draw cool stuff like dragons,fairies,castles,warriors and so on. And he replied,that we have to wait half an year. If i want to draw cool stuff right now,i have to go to an art school.After hearing all this stuff, i quit from uni.This was the worst experience ever.. And than i realized ,if you want to draw like a God,you have to rely on yourself not on some college,uni or an art school.

Speaking of your job, Your Boss is a dick and It's irresponsible behavior from his side. I don't think that company will last long with this attitude to do things. That's my opinion.

Man,i glad that despite of all the things that have happened to you,you are not going to quit doing art and willing to improve your skills.

Welcome to the community,buddy! We will help to improve each other the best we can! And the most important thing in doing art - to have fun!

Cheers!

The Way Of The S4MURAI  (sketchbook)
Your interpretation of the painting is a killer. Welcome!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead