Hello everyone
Smile 
Hi 
my name is Ankit Yadav from india 
i discovered this forum through dave rapoza and noah bradley.

i'm 21 i started drawing and painting seriously for almost 2 years ago
i don't have any art background, i am graduate in B.sc(unfortunately) so i am learning everything from scratch.
i used to work in a footwear industry almost a year ago but i left my job because i hated it.
and later i discovered concept art it just blew me away and i fell in love with this. i realized this is what i want to for the rest of my life.

In india thing are really hard if you want to be an artist or designer actually it is considered as the most
lowest profession.
society don't really Respect anything if you are less than an engineer or doctor 
which make things really hard if you want to move forward.

there are not many art collages here  
and the art students do everything accept making art  Meh
this year i applied for a design collage NID which is considered to be good 
but failed in entrance test. the competition is cut-troth 
like 50'000 candidates for only 15 seats so i failed terribly  Sad
and i want to move out from my country and attend Art center or FZD school but i don't have any money
but thanks to internet i am not hopeless 
so these days all i do is sit in front of my computer screen and just draw

so here i am 
my goal is to create a high quality concept art/design portfolio at the end of this year 
which will help me to get some freelance jobs and get inside the industry.

looking forward to make good art buddies and share my journey with them. Improve and grow together Thumbs_up

Attached Files Image(s)

Well done Ankit on joining up! Stick with it, be dedicated and consistent and you will be able to achieve whatever you want. It might not be exactly as you picture it and it will be hard as hell, but you can do art for a living.

I am Indian by descent (obviously) and I know the bias towards status, superficiality and money the culture has. Ignore that shit. In fact discard it for the retardation it represents. The internet is wonderful and allows you to connect, learn and work with/for people globally, no matter how limited your opportunities are locally.

Welcome on board! Start a sketchbook, and get commenting on others'.

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(02-12-2016, 10:21 PM)Amit Dutta Wrote: Well done Ankit on joining up! Stick with it, be dedicated and consistent and you will be able to achieve whatever you want. It might not be exactly as you picture it and it will be hard as hell, but you can do art for a living.

I am Indian by descent (obviously) and I know the bias towards status, superficiality and money the culture has. Ignore that shit. In fact discard it for the retardation it represents. The internet is wonderful and allows you to connect, learn and work with/for people globally, no matter how limited your opportunities are locally.

Welcome on board! Start a sketchbook, and get commenting on others'.

Thanks for the kind words Amit
you are such a big help.

Hello Ankit!

Good thing for artists, compared to a doctor or an engineer, you don't need school to be good. Hard work and resilience is all you need to get your work to the next level.

And you're just 21! I could only wish I was aware of what I wanted to do in my life at your age.

You are not alone in this journey. Let's work our asses off!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
(02-15-2016, 04:05 AM)John Wrote: Hello Ankit!

Good thing for artists, compared to a doctor or an engineer, you don't need school to be good. Hard work and resilience is all you need to get your work to the next level.

And you're just 21! I could only wish I was aware of what I wanted to do in my life at your age.

You are not alone in this journey. Let's work our asses off!

thanks for the kind words bro.. Blushing