Sup guys! A little help here?
Hey, guys!

I'm wyrm, just a common scrub from Philly trying to get better at art.
I've been on DeviantArt for the past year or so, but I've been looking around for some other sites that could offer opportunities to grow as an artist.

I've never done anything 'huge' yet, other than some commissions here and there, but I hope to one day be able to make a living off of doing what I love. Preferably, I'd be a concept artist or illustrator for the video game industry. It's a far fetched goal, I know. But I can dream, right?
Anyway, I'm a complete n00b to this website and quite possibly the worst artist here. But that's the whole point, I guess. You've gotta start somewhere.
I could use some guidance, or a mentor, or even just a friend to help me out every now and again. I hear Crimson Daggers is a great place to learn and I don't want to give up on it because I don't know how it works

So, that's that. Here's some of my art. I'm trusting you all not to roast me.

Also, here's my DeviantArt if you wanted to check out some stuff on there: http://machineheadx.deviantart.com/

Keep it real, daggers!

Attached Files Image(s)

Fantastic. Welcome to the forum! I'm relatively new as well so I might not give you enough pointers to navigate this place.

For starters, you can start a new thread under 'Sketchbook'. Post your works there and hope somebody nice will give you an honest critique.

Let's work hard. I wish you well on your path to a career.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
I was wondering what those sketchbooks and stuff were, I'll definitely check it out.
Thanks, man! Good luck to you as well
Welcome, and hello from New York :) You can get good feedback in the crit board. You get even better feedback when you give back to other people as well, and be active talking to others , since they'll know who you are. Browse sketchbooks, there are many working pros, and while they may not be very chatty usually, they're often quite willing to answer your question about how they did something.

Focus.
(02-17-2016, 12:34 AM)meat Wrote: Welcome, and hello from New York :) You can get good feedback in the crit board. You get even better feedback when you give back to other people as well, and be active talking to others , since they'll know who you are. Browse sketchbooks, there are many working pros, and while they may not be very chatty usually, they're often quite willing to answer your question about how they did something.
Sweet, I'll be sure to start a sketchbook soon, hopefully I'll get some good critiques and feedback.
Thanks for the advice!