MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey
60s Poses (8)

Attached Files Image(s)

60s Poses (9)

Attached Files Image(s)

60s Faces (10)

Attached Files Image(s)

Greyscale Portrait 5 + Imagination Face Practice (1)

Attached Files Image(s)

60s Poses (11)

Attached Files Image(s)

Thought I would try out one portrait in full color..
(Shiro)

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying out something a bit different this time around.. I want to see how far I can take an illustration at this point with this splash-like piece.. so we'll see how it goes :)

- Rough line sketch stage (using Kienan Lafferty's line sculpting technique -> colors layed on a mask underneath)

(Priscilla from Dark Souls)

Attached Files Image(s)

60s Poses (12)

I won't be here for a couple days.. will post again once I'm back :)

Attached Files Image(s)

Back with some more work on the Priscilla piece!

Also really wasn't expecting there to be a life drawing class at a music festival.. the more you know!

Attached Files Image(s)

More work on Priscilla.. mostly fixed up her silhouette's readability as well as the rimlight

Attached Files Image(s)

More rendering work on Priscilla
(took photos of my hands as reference)

Attached Files Image(s)

Cool, taking your own reference shots, that's smart. Keep it up.

I would say the arms are a little long, but I think it could work for the character.
(07-22-2016, 07:52 PM)Dennis Kutsenko Wrote: Cool, taking your own reference shots, that's smart. Keep it up.

I would say the arms are a little long, but I think it could work for the character.

Thank you!

I will try shortening them and see how it works, thanks for noticing! :)
Greyscale Portrait 6
(Any)

Attached Files Image(s)

Rendering Priscilla some more..

Attached Files Image(s)

60s Poses (13)

Attached Files Image(s)

Injected some saturation into the piece (was quite dull before color-wise), also added snow particles and more rendering..

Attached Files Image(s)

You should do some studies of the thing you are going for. In this case some League spash art studies. And nail the accuracy and stuff, really look at it and pick it apart. Also do more fundamentals if you wanna improve, right now you seem to be slacking off on them.

Ps: I expected more anime girls.

(07-26-2016, 12:06 PM)crackedskull Wrote: You should do some studies of the thing you are going for. In this case some League spash art studies. And nail the accuracy and stuff, really look at it and pick it apart. Also do more fundamentals if you wanna improve, right now you seem to be slacking off on them.

Ps: I expected more anime girls.

By studies do you mean 1:1 copying? I can't really imagine that being fun but I suppose there'd be some merit to it.. although perhaps I could look at specific splashes and take note of the lightsources, colors etc. that they use if that's what you have in mind..

With the fundamentals you'd have to be more specific.. anatomy studies, light and form studies,..? there are many things I could be studying but not all are needed at this very moment, is how I feel anyways.. please I would truly appreciate a specific fundamental topic I need to improve upon.. since I'm probably blind to the mistakes I make at my current skill level..

and yes, I will post anime stuff eventually.. just need to get it to at least a decent level first :D

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to contribute towards my improvement! :)
Finally took a look at her actual model in-game (do this at the beginning idiot.)
Fixed up her hair and scythe.. also some miscellaneous rendering

Attached Files Image(s)