Deer's CC 1 GoT Game?
I would love to participate, but sadly I am really, really bad at getting things started. I just keep getting confused, start over and over again until I end up not participating. But I think the Crimson Crucible is a great chance to overcome that and improve generally, so I will try my best. Though I have very little time the next two weeks, but maybe I will get something done. 
I took the first option, and to make things less confusing I wrote down how I imagined a brief history of House Negrea, and other things about them that I thought might be important. I am no native speaker, so I'm sorry if my language is horrible  Blushing  

"House Negrea was once, hundrets, maybe thousands of years ago, servant to  the powerful House Gardener. They had neither wealth nor fame, seeing they were only tending the great Gardens of the Reach. Had there not been rivalry and hate between Harlen Tyrell and Eadred Negrea, they might still call Highgarden their home. They both fell in love with Magaret Gardener, though House Tyrell was already powerful back in the days, so Eadred stood no chance. Still Magaret seemed to like him. Harlen was more than distrustful and tried to get Eadred out of the way more than once, but out of pure luck he survived.
When Highgarden stood in flames during the Targaryen Conquest, the whole House of Gardener died burning, including Magaret. Eadred lost both his parents and his younger brother, but managed to flee the city with his twin sister Eleanor and her husband. They reached a forest that seemed as dark as it was deep, but in panic they did not hesitate to enter. What they found in the woods was way beyond anything they had ever imagined, trees as high as the greatest castles they had ever seen, horned beetles as big as dogs and, in some nights, as many fireflys as there are stars in the sky.

Or that is how the story goes.  There is very little proof that Eadred and Eleanor ever really existed, but in the hidden kingdom of the forest, they are still celebrated as heroes. After all, someone must have built their castle that lay sheltered inside a huge cave. The beetles were not quite as big as dogs anymore, but there was still a lot of armour made from their shell that was proof enough that they had existed. And that someone was must have killed them.
And the people of the forest still knew where to find beetles no smaller than a hedgehog. Their shells were rare and valuable, so they were trading with all the Seven Kingdoms.

While winter is harsh for anyone South of the Wall, it is probably the hardest for House Negrea. Since it was dark in the woods, there is no way to grow fields of wheat or spelt. While they can easily live off meat, berries and roots from spring to autum and can trade shells for the harvest of peasants in the Reach, in winter no one would trade. In winter, no berries or roots would be growing and the animals and beetles would be dying.
So hard work, restraint and faith that spring would come again were the only things to keep them alive sometimes, and they take a lot of pride in that. House Negrea has no gods, but they say to themselves that they have stronger faith than all the rest of the Seven Kingdoms together."

failure is a badge of honour 

sketchbook / tumblr 
Great start fleshing out the context (didn't read it, not much time here) *edit ok I read it. It's a great backstory, sounds very plausible and fitting into the world! This should be a good thing to get the juices flowing. A thing that might help generate ideas is to get a mood board together of various references for design|setting|atmosphere|characters and see what might be inspired out of that. And yeah, this is about self development, so push yourself past your limits, you are in a very supportive place that sees "failure" as needed steps to success :)

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
If you write short story for my house of Negrea, I will draw for you whatever you want,
few sentences would do.

Thank you, Amit! The mood board is a great idea, I will definitely try that. 
And Liberty, I will write you a PN.

To kind of warm up in the designing process I tried to think off a basic sigil first. The two beetles would stand for the twins Eadred and Eleanor that are said to be the reason why the house is as strong and proud as it is today. 
But when I look at the sigils, I remember why I need to learn how to use the pen brush |D

sketchbook / tumblr 
...I forgot to attach the drawings.  Blushing

Attached Files Image(s)

sketchbook / tumblr 
Nice concept so far! I like the shield on the left more, the silhouette is more immediately recognizable as a beetle. I think some thumbs would be a nice step forward, and I'm excited to see you progress!

Awesome to see you really getting into the story. Now it's just about exploring all your ideas and putting them down on paper (or computer screen...)
Can't wait to see more !
Thank you for the feedback guys! I also think that the left one fits better, but I need to move the beetles further together. 

I decided to start out with the character design. Initially I didn't want to do the head of the house because I thought someone more involved in the village might be more interesting. But then I couldn't stop thinking about that character, so I think I will go with that. Some of her people call her the "queen in the woods", maybe to mock the northmen, but she wants no part in the game of thrones. 
I did some messy sketches to figure out her outfit and her crown kind of thing.

Attached Files Image(s)

sketchbook / tumblr 
Cool sketches, I would suggest play around with the shapes more try to make the crown more complex becuase right now its a straight line essentially, and thats not dynamic , and maybe try to add repeating elements to the costume.

I'm sorry for not finishing the challenge. I did an internship as a stonemason last week and simply fell asleep every day I got home. But I'm still really excited to see the results.
And thank you for the advice, Hobitt, I'm sure I will be able to use it next time!

sketchbook / tumblr 
Ah, that's totally fine. You had some great backstory, I was looking forward to see how you would visualise it. Hope things align better for next time ^^ also stonemason internship....sounds very interesting!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta