Can't figure out the composition
Hey guys! First time poster here, I'm relatively new to digital art let alone landscapes. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this piece I'm working on, the composition is off because I can't figure out how to draw the bottom left. In my head, the camera was at the top of a mountain, looking down at a road with more cliff edge/rocks, and a guy on a horse on the road for story purposes, generic I know, but again, I'm still learning. I fanyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi. You could add some more rock formations on the left, just not as big as this on the right. Another option is to add some flying birds there, it would make the illustration more interesting. Also adding some more mountains in the far background could help.

I'd suggest to change the canvas dimensions - a square usually is not good for landscapes - it would be better if you made it more horizontal or vertical.

(03-28-2016, 07:30 AM)Piotr Jasielski Wrote: Hi. You could add some more rock formations on the left, just not as big as this on the right. Another option is to add some flying birds there, it would make the illustration more interesting. Also adding some more mountains in the far background could help.

I'd suggest to change the canvas dimensions - a square usually is not good for landscapes - it would be better if you made it more horizontal or vertical.

Thanks for the response! I was definitely gonna add birds for scale, and I tried so many different combinations of rock formations down there, but I couldnt figure out the angle to do them at, the perpective seems to always be off.
Well probably the best solution would be to make some perspective studies, it should help you understand this matter better. Good luck :)