AChi's CC2 WIP
I am thinking doing Henry or Oulz, I do some compositions for both.

For Henry the Raven, I think the most difficult thing is to tell the story through image. I find it's really hard.
For Oulz is more about atmosphere and character design.

I should do more studies. Sun

Attached Files Image(s)

good start AChi, nice variety in your comps, Ive passed on my comps for a few days, same idea keeps popping up... anyway keep pushing your boundaries.
Keep exploring compositional ideas you may never know what you can discover!

Yeah, visual storytelling is super difficult, and with henry it's especially tricky, if you want to show a process with several stages in a single image. I'd still say you should go for the challenge. Storytelling is what gives illustrations their heart. Any chance we get to work on it is a chance we should take.

More comps, more comps more comps.....just please make them all landscape format 16:9 aspect ratio. A lot of people are forgetting this one small but crucial criteria to the brief!!! Keep it up!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
was very busy with Uni assignments and have no time doing CC....

I make them all in 16:9 now!...

I only make the environment bit but have no idea how and where to place character in the scene..

Attached Files Image(s)

little bit more exploration on thumnail.

for this one, I plan to add several ravens eating/catching birds in the front, and Henry on the roof licking the blood on his claw. But before that I need to get the perspective right.

Attached Files Image(s)

fix the perspective

Attached Files Image(s)

This has a great mood and vibe, starting to feel like the game even as simple as it is. Keep it up! It is unclear what the floor is at the moment and why it would end at the roof, maybe water? Anyway keep developing it up, definitely use architectural shapes from the game to help even more!

@[b]Amit Dutta[/b] Thanks Amit!

In this update I figure out the foreground but now i have trouble describing the character, I cant decide what is Henry going to do in the next moment...I found that I want to give many information in the same time, but I think there should not have so many focus points. Im going to add a beast coming towards the villager in the back ground.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice! It looks great. I love the character. Really cool. :)

Damn.. Leaps and bounds of an update!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
@Eyliana Thank you!

@John have to be fast deadline's coming Silent 

im trying to create distance between foreground midground and background

Attached Files Image(s)

now we have color!!!  though it's only temporary color that to test the mood..

next step will be working on character details and the foreground need to be correct

PS. i wonder why the picture looks to have more layers of color and contract in photoshop, but when I open the psd in painter it looks lighter and loses color, and I have the same issue when I upload the jpg to forum.

Attached Files Image(s)

Not sure if this was your intent, but I kept looking at the hands inside the tree!

With regards to your color problem, did you tinker with photoshop's color settings?

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Yeah, the hands in the tree pull my eyes aswell, Id say remove them. Good job on the atmosphere it kinda looks like bloodborne.

Pay a bit of attention to scale and foreshortening in perspective. The gravestones are larger than the doorway to the church. The vertical height of the walls of the building are very small compared to the roof height. Seems more like an A frame building proportion than a gothic structure.

The figure is absolutely gigantic, which is fine if that is what you are going for, but I wasn't sure it was. Keep it up, the mood is getting there...I would start to bring in accent highlights a bit more saturated to give it some pop. In terms of narrative, the hands in the tree are a bit too ambiguous but you can keep them if you like. I would be tempted to put unsuspecting villagers/figure walking along path in front of the building, or coming out of the building..so it is as if they are about to be pounced on if you wanted to add drama and narrative

@[b]Amit Dutta [/b]thanks for the advice and I made some change based on that.

I still have the problem that jpg and tiff file exported from photoshop lose abit contrast. I try export as bmp and it looks better. I wanted to change my work in CC2 final thread but cant edit now since it's due already. So I post my final work here, in both jpg(top) and bmp(bottom). they are saved from the same psd file. Also, because the bmp size is too large that cant be uploaded so I use the link from my DA page but reduced size. I am not sure is it just my screen problem? can you guy see any difference between these two pics?

[Image: cc2_by_achi608-da058ht.jpg]