Yang's CC 2 WIP
I suppose I'm pretty late to the party, but better late than never.

Although I've heard of the game, never really payed much attention to it, and so the past few days I watched all the lore and play-through videos I could. I would highly recommend VaatiVidya's channel, he has really good content for those who are unfamiliar with the game-lore.

I'll be tackling the second story idea, Source of the Great Ones. I liked all of them, but the idea an epic-sized monster exploding out of a blood-pool was really appealing.

Anyways, started with some skull studies because I really liked Ludwig's horse/human hybrid design from the game. I wanted follow a similar sort of pattern in creating my "great one." I also did some studies for basic design ideas, and sort of mashed it all together for a final result. Although I wanted to do some more design exploration for The Great One, I kind of moved on since the compositions only revealed bits and parts of the actual creature.

I'll probably be doing some gothic architectural studies next to really get a dungeon/chamber feel that would belong in the game.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great you decided to join. Looks very promising so far. Good luck!

Bad ass composition and design. Glad you decided to put your name in the hat! 6 days to go!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
Some design studies for the "strange statues" around the blood pool, as well as notes about how to draw circles in perspective ><. I bought Scott Robertsons How to Draw book a couple of years ago and it's only now that some of the information in there is making sense.

Also did mood/color studies of my compositions. I'll probably take 3 that I really like and work them in a larger format.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome comps and colors! I hope you can use that purple somewhere in the piece. It gives a very creepy feeling.
Better late than never indeed dude o/

When I saw your final I really had a "woah" moment. It feels so grandiose O_O and dramatic and aaah, I wouldn't wanna be there when that thing emerges from that ocean of blood!

Just keep doing what you do with your studies and painting, 'cause you've got this. All it takes it time now <3

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all