Starting having work- Please help
The 30-50 illustration gig? I remember it was good money! Don't get me wrong. It's doable if you're blazingly incredible at line art. It's just that I am a slow worker. Not by choice! I am never quite satisfied with anything done in such short amount of time.

Quote:What kind of strategies would you suggest on FB?
Join an active artist/hobby group in FB. Not in a sense where it's a constant art dump where you can't get to a decent conversation out of it. Those help. There's this local comic book group we have on Facebook, and there are incredible artists who post fan art there, and from what I've seen, it's pretty favorable to the artist..

Now that I think about it. The art dump group helps too! Especially those ones that are reaching out to a lot of members. I remember I got PM'ed through posting some stuff there.

Cast a wide net!

Quote:Even recalling success stories from other fellow Daggers?
Ah dude, I'm fairly new to the forums to have substantial Dagger stories.. I do hope some of them chime in! I'm also quite interested in what other people have to say about this.

Quote:Sending some portfolios too but no answers.
Ahh! The ol' cold shoulder.. The true test of resiliency!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
I´m a bit of a slow worker as well, yet trying to work faster yet not lostin quality in it.

For me FB has never paid off but maybe i´m nopt tackling it properly. For now i´m concentrating on making a few portfolio pieces and then use the advice Amit game and yours. Hopefully with a more professional e-mail presentation, a more organized and inproved portfolio and using the right strategy to publicize and find work, i´ll get it and i´ll get out the red zone.

Yeah, and a few Daggers i´ve followed a while back, before i registered on the forum have already take a flight (professionally speaking), spreading their wings fully haha.

True. I´m not intenting on quiting haha just pushing harder to get work and efficiency on the art craft.

Since this thread is almost synonymous to "Where to find work":

Indie comic book work and occassional card art illustrations:
http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead
@John Sorry for the late reply John. That´s a great link mate, thanks!!
Hopefully i start moving the engine and start getting more work, and hope this thread will help anyone else.

This is an amazing thread. I am wondering what kind of gigs can befound on DA because I see so much people ready to work for 50$...