Slapper's CC3 WIP
Hey everybody.
I haven't posted much in the crimson daggers' forums, just a couple images in the abandoned hideout post. Been lurking from time to time though and it's how I discovered the crimson crucible. It being an interesting project and me being more active with art prompted me to participate. So here are my WIPs for now.

I tried some composition and finally decided on a 3 point perspective one so that I could learn all the perspectives at the same time and challenge myself in the process. I didn't do enough that's for sure but after I did the one on the utmost right, I knew I could learn a lot if I did it. 

That's my first attempt to see how things would go, than I discovered that everything I did was wrong.

This is me trying to fight the proportion of a body inside a 3 point perspective.

I read a lot these past few days to try to make something decent but it's still pretty confusing, so any insights is welcome.

Hey Slapper! Good on ya for jumping in and challenging yourself. Keen to see more. Don't forget to do some more complete thumbnails and pick a good base to work on before you get too detailed into the perspective!

Carapace is a great free tool that will help you create (and deconstruct grids from reference images) really easily. I did a run down on the tool here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhhuhYehDw
The carapace stuff starts around 4:30. Good luck!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Hey nice that you're joining! You might try and find some ref of poses that are similar to what you're trying to achieve. I have to kick myself to do that more aswell.

@Amit Dutta I'm going back to thumbnailling and though I already saw that video I went back to it and listened more carefully, carapace seem like a super useful tool, especially to analyse perspective. I'll try to do some environments study if I can find some good paintings that are somewhat relevant.

@BrushNoir yah, was thinking about that but it seems hard to find relevant ref or maybe I'm just bad at finding ref. =D

Did some more notans, not too sure which to pick. Went more for the environments this time.

Another update. I'm actually reading more on composition and perspective then drawing in the past few days so didn't do much progress but today finally decided on a comp. Going to do the studies I need for it now and polish it a bit further.

Here are two studies I did for the cc challenge, not too sure if I'll go for the tuareg costume though.

Here are the last studies I did and also the image itself, though it seems there is something missing or horribly wrong. Don't think I'll submit it if I can't fix that bad vibe.

Hey!

Is it possible that the bad vibe is partly a colour issue? Here's a paintover I did using a gradient map:

Your background is pretty desaturated, so I thought some more colour (especially something complimentary like cool blue shadows and warm yellow-pink lights) might help.

Be careful that your focus doesn't become totally split between the foreground figure and the background figures, because I think it would be better if one focus comes out more strongly and then the viewers attention moves afterwards to the secondary focus (which is what your previous WIP was more like). At the moment, my eyes kind of flick between the two.

-   Sketchbook   - 
Yup, that helps a lot! I don't know much about colours but it's the next thing on the long list of things I need to study. Also will try to change the guards' values, maybe that will help. Great tips all around, Thank you very much. =)