critique/Paintover help
Hello. I'm new to this forum and I hope I'm posting in the right thread.
I need some help with an fan art image that I did.
I've been staring at it while painting that I can't see what I'm really doing and just see this boring picture , but still want to finish it/make it work.

I would love any kind of help.
It is a fan art of Steven Universe cartoon but in a bit darker vision I guess.
I will appreciate any critique, paintover and suggestions for my future images.
Thank you.

[Image: amethyst_____i_never_asked_to_be_made_by...a6ydkb.png]
Hello! good, I took her painting and gave a twist. I think that should improve beginning is the composition. She ta in the middle of the image and small, and this volcano line're dull. There is mystery in the image, the look does not travel across the screen, it's all very "given away for free." I believe we need to tell the story of a most abused way. Looks like she's a volcano, then you can put a large rock in front, to give sense of foreground. I do not know. is kinda complicated kkkk
but anyway, I painted over and the result was this. I thought the image itself was kind no sense, because the ball holding it ta. maybe that's why I do not know the history of the character. but that's what you have to think. to passing the message for those who will see it first? or you did the design just for you to understand? kkk
kind, why she's sad? why she's a volcano? what the fuck fire circle on top of it?

I think it has a lot of bright elements, which disperses the viewer's attention. the lava creates lighting, fire circle and the ball. so you have a lot of colored lighting, pink, orange, red. delete an element.
and use lighting to draw attention where you want the person to look. is the expression of it? if that's what I did. the rest all ok darkened and the brightest part is the face that is at the center and a little down.
Now the composition became more harmonious because of the lines that make the mountains behind and also because of the circle of fire that was in the middle.
good, I think the reading was more interesting.
I hope you have helped and given you a different view of how to approach this your painting! :D[Image: wi9Ocfz.jpg]