Shapes
Another question/ advice thread :). I'm wondering if anyone has tips on improving drawing basic shapes and keeping them even and neat. I'm always drawing basic forms and trying to draw anatomy in the simple shape and building on top method that you see from Bridgeman etc. I find it especially hard though keeping circles and ellipses even widths.

Now I know perspective helps a lot with this and especially with squares. I have a basic knowledge of perspective having read a couple of books and some videos on it, but can never really understand the drawing ellipses in perspective and more advanced parts.
So what would be the best way to improve my shapes, just keep practicing them freehand, or try and practice them in perspective as much as possible?

It's something I've always admired about the art from animations, the simple shapes drawn so well and effectively, I think it's a very vital skill but doesn't seem to be discussed that much so be good if people could share methods that helped them improve.
What helped me stay BASIC SHAPE fit, was to take a sheet of printer paper or Colllege rule paper. Next, from one corner to the opposite corner draw a line. Next do the other corner to make an X. The purpose is to use your whole arm to develop speed, and lose unecessary habits of relying on fingers to move across the surface. Next, eyeball a plus through the X taking up the whole page and draw the big + filling the page end to end. Continue the pattern until lines start accidentally overlapping. Use your arm like a stick for circular motions. The best tool by far is the mathematical precision of Geometry. Geometry is only one level above introductory Algebra, and this means either CURSES(because you you found Algebra easier), or HOORAY (If Algebra didn't make sense, shapes usually do) Also draw it on trash paper to give yourself a BASIC shape challenge so your imagination is not restricted by the visual barriers created on Parchment Refuse