hitting the metaphorical wall.
Hello to you the read of this message, hows it going?

so last night i spent 6-8 hours straight working on a piece i've been doing studies for, and it is by far the best thing i have done, i am very proud of myself. After going to bed i awoke to find myself looking at it and not having a clue on how to "jump" back into it and try to finish it.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had the same problems? spending a soild block of time working on a piece then coming away to go back to it and find you dont know how to approach it. Lets share the pain guys. <3

I was reminded tonight of why we try to avoid talking about metaphor and meaning in rehearsal.
hey there ! after going to a few of the arenanet/digipen lectures when ever theyre here in Vancouver I learned that when you work on some thing you gotta go hard and fast because that energy as they said is in the moment and feeling of the piece at hand. Ive had tons of sketches that i havent finished or lay in storage until once in a blue moon i pull em out and give em some love . some times you just gotta let em marinade in your creative brain juices you know ? take a break eat go for a walk etc what ever then randomly you'll remember why it was so awesome. Some times what do is when i go play games for a bit after a long stretch of drawing I leave it behind the game so when it pops up can see things that may be wrong with it. And in retro spect each painting is a lesson..... im sure in every piece we make there are mistakes and lessons we all have.

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog