Ice's Journey
In today's update some color studies from other artists and probably my first environment painting. I would be glad if you guys can tell me your overall thoughts about it and also what needs improvement :)

Hi!
Overall it looks very nice so far. I like the color composition and the mood. Is it finished? It looks like it is still a work in progress, probably because of the rough edges. Also the main focus, which is the rocky entrance to a dungeon maybe?, looks a little uninteresting in it's shape. I think it needs more variety. Also the composition of the rock clusters in front of the entrance look a bit unnatural. Maybe adding a bit more perspective to them and sharpening the edges would help?

I hope this helps!

Thank you for advices AlexShi, I was considering this piece as almost finished. I'm especially satisfied how the firt plane came out, however as you said I need to work on the further elements and give them more interesting shapes. I'll post a new version soon!

Edit: As promised here's updated one, I redesigned mountain and rocks a bit, and tried to add some more atmosphere feeling

Attached Files Image(s)

Some still life studies I did recently in order to better understand color and materials + one env study.

Great thumbs and color studies! i really need to start doing stuff like this.

For the spoilers write  - spoiler in brackets [] at the beggining of the post and /spoiler in brackets at the end of the content

An illustration I did recently, I'm quite satisfied with the overall effect, however I would be glad if you guys can tell me what needs improvement.

Oh wow the last one took be by surprise :O you really stepped up your game in this one. Cant say anyting else really. Just keep doing what you re doing cause it seems to work :D

Reaally like the your latest painting! In my opinion all you have to do is find some material reference perhaps and render it a bit more. A few hours I think will do it for his illustration. Also add in the occlusion shadows to make the image more 3-dimensional! Overall just try to push it as far as you can. Still as I said, I really like it!

Thank you NoodleInBox and Danny, It's always hard to push some more when you consider your artwork as finished, but maybe after few days of rest, I'll try to add a little bit so that it could look good in portfolio :)

Wow! Awesome work! Love your most recent piece! You have a very good handle on your brush strokes- it makes it very dynamic!

Still fighting with those still life studies, this time I was painting one with natural light and then overpaint with direct light.

Attached Files Image(s)

Portrait with 4 different lightning setting, top left one is from reference, others from imagination with help of references

Attached Files Image(s)

hello!
Really like your studies, specially the still lifes, they are a great way to practice!
I really like your illustration! The color, composition and pose all work!
I agree with Danny, in my opinion, just focus on rendering and adding more detail to the focal point.

Great stuff!
Long time no see guys! Here I come with my latest environmnent painting on theme 'desolation' :) This time grayscale only.

Attached Files Image(s)

Really like those life value studies! It's great how you moved the light like that, i should try that when i get around to life studies

Thank you alexdanila! I recommend to try this, it definietly helps to understand how light has effect on the objects and how materials behave :)

I plan to do a schoolism lighting fundamental class soon. right now i'm studying gesture drawing.

Ayye, those lighting studies look like fun. Think you could do one with environments?
Thanks Hozure, I'm working on something like this right now, so there will be more soon ;)