General Crits Needed
I have only recently started painting. I am still pretty mediocre, but am trying my best to improve. Crude as it looks, this may be the most finished painting I've done. I've been noodling with it for a while now, but it hasn't really gone anywhere. I should probably supplement it with some studies, if anything. Anyhow, suggestions and critiques are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The character is Too Much Coffee Man, by the way.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey Jackson welcome to Crimson Daggers :).

I like the way you've painted this piece, the realistic rendering coupled with the impossible facial expression gives this a real sinister feel to it.

One thing I might be able to help you with is the body shape.  I think you could do more to indicate the shape of his arms, shoulders and chest.

I've done a quick thumbnail to show what I mean but I also recommend studying from Proko's YouTube channel and books like Michael Hampton's Figure Drawing Design and Invention or Andrew Loomis's Figure Drawing For All It's Worth.

Hope this helps anyway:

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook