C.H.O.W DOWN #2 - IRON SAVIOR
(01-18-2017, 11:23 PM)razvanc-r Wrote: Your design is certanly interesting, but I can't really place the material anywhere, I can't make out if it's rock or metal or shell of some sorts. It also fells kind of flat. Hope it helps :P

Cheers, it's supposed to be iron - I've been using some iron status as reference and one of the things that I tried to get through was how aged iron looks. It kind of looks like all of those things to me, as the rust and wear makes it less shiny where water and moisture runs off and collects. I've added some more detail to the shape to make it less flat and showing some highlights. 

Here are some of the iron statues I used: 

https://deusexmatteo.tumblr.com/post/156...photos-are

@deusExMatteo I think it's because of the pattern on those things that I'm having trouble seeing the material. It reminds me of sea shells or something :)

(01-20-2017, 01:00 AM)razvanc-r Wrote: @deusExMatteo I think it's because of the pattern on those things that I'm having trouble seeing the material. It reminds me of sea shells or something :)

I can see that, it is kind of what they look like :) 
[Image: sea-shell-5.png]

Wink 
Hey guys,

I've been lurking on Crimson Daggers for awhile and I've been following Dave and Dan for years. They talked about wishing more people kept the Crimson Daggers going without them on a recent livestream. So here I am I guess. :P

I only saw this entry a few days ago, so here are my sketches and thumbnails.
Hopefully I'll put something decent together by tomorrow.

Cheers,

B

Attached Files Image(s)

etwrdcviouyi Anpuuuuuut WIPs

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-20-2017, 11:30 AM)BigBreakfast Wrote: Hey guys,

I've been lurking on Crimson Daggers for awhile and I've been following Dave and Dan for years. They talked about wishing more people kept the Crimson Daggers going without them on a recent livestream. So here I am I guess. :P

I only saw this entry a few days ago, so here are my sketches and thumbnails.
Hopefully I'll put something decent together by tomorrow.

Cheers,

B

Those thumbs with the crowd are awesome, the pose of the saviour is spot on - swaying and pointing with the whole arm:) Glad to have you here, I've just joined the other week as well, but yes - been listning to D&D for a long time.

More exploration. I have a pretty good idea where I'd want to go from here, and though I'm not sure I'll be able to put together a final in just a couple hours, going through the process has been a lot of fun.

technically unrelated, but I've tried doing some rendering with multiply layers I'd like some feedback on.