Coinhero's sketchbook
I wanna make this a bit more dynamic and I'm still not sure what to do with the foreground. Hopefully I'll figure it out I'm going to do some boring figure drawing crap now[Image: LWUNu8V.jpg]
I was going to finish this today but I went on a road trip and was too exhausted when I got home.[Image: pWrePNc.jpg]
picture of trees taken from a moving car on with a phone
[Image: qRTY1KS.jpg]
have to learn how to paint rain for my next drawing[Image: tumblr_ovg7xhapPN1suoh70o1_1280.jpg][Image: B8FqjJc.jpg]
Too tired to keep going x.x[Image: bQ6nxnv.jpg]
cool light warm shadow[Image: tumblr_ovk57eEfdK1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
painting snow protects me from the heat outside[Image: 4VWd9ZY.jpg]
I'm trying to paint in photoshop the way I do in painter and its pretty fun[Image: tumblr_ovns5cBoUd1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]
I started just making random lines and shapes from imagination and ended up with this after a while[Image: HP9ni4z.jpg]
Not sure what I'm going to do with it
I dont get how some people can paint for 12 hours a day[Image: iUE2YhS.jpg]
There was rain all day yesterday and today its super windy and cold and I went outside for a few hours dressed like I'm at the beach. Now I'm super sick :) I love painting with a headache yay[Image: bfs91cz.jpg]I'm gonna finish this tomorrow if I feel better and if I don't no big deal its a stupid painting anyway (good practice tho)
I did some sketches of stuff too but didn't save anything[Image: tumblr_ovtha5qBw71suoh70o2_r1_1280.jpg]
Started off copying from a photo of a weird looking tree and somehow ended up with this[Image: SMmgiFs][Image: SMmgiFs.jpg]
I couldn't make it work as a vertical drawing so after a bit of cropping I ended up with this[Image: pVIfqqb.jpg]
I really liked the sketch and wanted to make it a painting[Image: T2DKMZ2.jpg]
and now I'm left with this mess :D I stopped painting because my hand started to hurt real bad. No idea how I'm going to finish this but I guess I'll just keep going till it works out.
[Image: Roe1Cbv.jpg]
[Image: ZHzrt6M.jpg]
I don't know how to make something look appealing
[Image: tumblr_ow0s10K2OW1suoh70o1_1280.jpg]I'm gonna try sketching with shapes not lines and see what happens[Image: L208HQp.jpg]
[Image: sUEbL3c.jpg]
[Image: AnxIHHK.jpg][Image: MZvnKae.jpg][Image: 4wnDHIJ.jpg]
I'm doing some animation things on the side for fun / to learn stuff
this is getting a little too weeb
[Image: Jd1Y6w8.jpg]
I'm not happy with my art at the moment. Did some "finishing touches" on that bunny girl painting and a study of an artist I like a lot called Niy https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=165186[Image: VmH1Zdm.jpg]
Hey there Coinhero!

I really love the volume of work you're doing. There's a lot of nice things in your paintings, you seem to have a pretty good knack for composition and value work.

Paying more attention to, or at least varying, your edge quality and the "shapes" of your colors could really improve your work. Right now, all of your strokes have the same look and it reduces the potential dynamism in your paintings. It would be nice to see some crisper edges defining focal points, as well as softened edges to show form shadows. If you can create crisp areas, then you can also have fun playing with blown out edges - like in your most recent painting, the shadow of the hair and the sleeve on the center girl could nicely fade into the shadow of the building behind her. Right now, that area is quit unclear and muddled.

Keep up the good work!

Hey thanks for the feedback! I've been struggling with edges for a while now, I feel like I know what I have to do in order to get better edges but I end up messing things up even more, not sure why its just a skill I'm bad at but I'm trying to improve.

I did a mapcrunch study today and I'm gonna try sketching some stuff a bit later.
[Image: tumblr_ow9zm8QT351suoh70o1_1280.jpg]