starting over
viking here, ill try to give a very basic intro if anyones interested. 29 years old, drew off/on my whole life, started taking it seriously in my early 20s, stopped for awhile, came back with a vengeance hitting the books hard and studying as much as i could while i was out of work. 

lot of personal stuff happened, struggled a lot with addiction and other issues, lost interest in most things i enjoyed. naturally, drawing took a huge hit. still feel pretty low so i signed up here to check out what other people are doing. struggle a lot with mood swings so i go from drawing a lot to spending most of my spare time sleeping. 

gonna try to draw through my struggles this time around. it is very satisfying for me when i complete drawings and get something decent., and also frustrating when i draw like shit. nowadays i mostly draw from imagination and life observation. i used to have all these huge goals and aspirations but i think right now i just want to get into a habit of drawing a lot and making improvements in my work. its always interesting to me to see what other people are creating. we'll see what happens
Welcome to Crimson Daggers LostViking :).

There's a lot to be said for the power of habit, I really believe that the more a person repeats a thing, the better they get at it and the more they enjoy it.

I encourage you to get started with a sketchbook thread and build those art habits with us :).

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

I can relate with addiction. And I think with us, the term 'creatures of habit' couldn't apply any more accurately.

That's the thing with addiction. You give up a habit, you fill the void with a new one. I think what Artloader's proposing is a really healthy one to trade in for the self-destructive ones.

Hey man, good luck with what you're going through and welcome to the Crimson Daggers.

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead