Work Smart- Study Hard
Lightbulb 
HULLO!
Yes! Alas dear readers, I am looking for a partner to study with and bridge the social learning gap. I've got a rough plan outlined for myself, but am lucrative to work out details. I'm a big believer in social sonar where ideas are bounced back and forth. I'm pretty self driven, but don't necessarily want to drag anyone either...

I'm 24, in the central timezone and something of a night-owl. -_o
I do have a job that can dip into the pm which can be worked out with whoever.

Structure is good to see a goal through, but shouldn't be unmalleable to the point of inconvenience and being overbearing.

Currently I'm working on sharpening my improving my workflow and anatomy and have various books and digital resources to mill through Loomis, Rubins, Hogarth, Vanderpoel, and Bridgman among them.
On Saturday I go to a figure drawing class as a sort of "lab time" to work out what I've learned through out the week.
I've been reading through a James Gurney book and want to set up some sort of color studies to do as well.

Sketchpads here:
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-816.html
http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2152878

Livestream I recently started here:
http://www.livestream.com/heliux?t=698915

Lets hammer out some practice! Iron sharpens iron, right? :D
Just sent you a PM. :)

[Image: 2c0cw8.jpg]
Click the banner for more info!

Crimson Guardians group work thread
Bumping my old study thread! anyone alive out there? Once again looking for a partner in crime to bridge the social learning gap! updated info =
-my job has moved to the AM-noonish leaving my nights free once again!
-I'm working on a graphic novel as well as various studies
-want to get back into weekly challenges and consistent updates.
Anyhooz. Paint on my friends! ;D

what are you aiming for? a career in digital art?
Definitely a career in art. Digital has been my medium of preference lately. At this point I'm so invested in doing art the question is not if, but when I'll be able to focus on doing fully with out having to have another means of financial support.
At the moment I work about 35 hours a week as a bartender/barista. Its what I've been doing for the last 7 years for my primary source of income. (A small career at this point)

So, one strategy looks like doing something to where I can work less hours, or live below my means without sacrificing my position within the hierarchy of needs while simultaneously pursuing my educational and artistic goals.

A lot of people talk about a artistic "barrier" you have to break through before you start getting jobs and opportunities. My hope is that by further advancing my studies, I'll break that barrier to have alternative job opportunities or contracts that can allow me to allocate more time into bettering my ability. Its a little hard for me to swallow, because its so insoluble what this idea off "breaking the skill barrier to get recognized" really means.
-so while that's a good idea, I need to being doing something actively beyond just hoping I'll get recognized on the internet in a sea of voices that all go to the same hub for the same ideas, which I have a plethora of ideas about...but yeah. its going off on a bit of a tangent.

wholly, what I'm aiming is to be able to work on my art projects all the time, and learn to better myself to be a more capable person. Developing ip's, networking, working freelance, choosing how I allocate my time are all among those ideas.

(12-30-2013, 01:59 PM)faitle Wrote: what are you aiming for? a career in digital art?

Hey there mate, you're still looking for someone to study with?