Zalseon's Sketchbook
Here's the start of my sketch book. technically these are complete, but i wanna improve em and revisit them later

Attached Files Image(s)

You are using some nice digital trickery but the problem is it rely to heavily on that and it not done with a level of restrain that allow for it to pass under the radar.It remind me of a while back when i got really exited about brush stamp and brush in general.

If you want to see my own journey around that time i was experimenting with brush click here https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-...ge-12.html
if you go to the next page you can see how i was primarily using it to create composition i think it a great tool for that type of case scenario it can save time but when it fall flat is when it look to repetitive and you have scene with depth it get complex because the stamp is flat.

I added some example one of the test i did show that and i tried to fix it you can judge how it look obviously i could have done more than just use the stamp...it was to see how much i got do with only stamp alone.

So my advice for you is to try to stick to the round brush as much as possible unless you want to go heavy on photobashing but you will be limited by whatever you can find online that why the imagination always win when got to a clear visualization ability.

The tree is the early version of that test with the .Mass of foliage is the test i did to try to fix the leaf look like ''broccoli''

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Zalseon, are you still around? I was waiting for you to create your sketchbook but it was my turn not to be around when you did.

Your most solid piece in my view is your orbital fighter. The other pieces tend to suffer, I think, from inconsistent rendering styles, creating an overload of the senses. Let's discuss?

Nice updates! Something that stands out to me is that your images are far too bright and you are overusing pure white which should be avoided. My advice would be to start off with a bit of darker mid tone than you're normally used to and take it easily with the extreme white highlights.

Keep posting!