Thea's sketchbook
Rainbow 

I'm experimenting a new art style. i only use kiddie's pencil colors. There was nothing serious to these pieces, I only did that just for funsies.

- stay fresh, cheese bags-
          Eidothea
The color is fun and naive i like it.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(11-20-2023, 11:35 PM)darktiste Wrote: The color is fun and naive i like it.

Ah thank you ;3

Eidothea
Have you tried watercolor? The way you mix colors with pencil strokes would work well with watercolor I think.

(11-25-2023, 11:32 AM)Leo Ki Wrote: Have you tried watercolor? The way you mix colors with pencil strokes would work well with watercolor I think.

I have tried watercolor, but never this style, i always get the colors all muddy up, it almost look like mold haha. I might try it out again, if you have any tips, let me know ;3

Eidothea
[Image: EQLoS8.page-2249-1.png]
Ok so i kinda have this fear of starting a new sketchbook, so what i do is use spare paper from previous sketchbooks and just tape it in to make it as a make-shift sketchbook ( it's also like a good way to use up unused spare pages). It looks raggedy but hey, it cures the fear of starting a new sketchbook.
I really like Winifred and Brenda, since it's about my relationship with my mother (with a side of inside jokes), it's hilariously endearing.

Eidothea

this is one of my rather odd art. I name them Laura and Pat. They remind me of those creatures from that Tommorow Land fiction. I'll get on to experiment watercolor soon hehe

Eidothea

a screenshot from my private livestream with friends. The technique is still the same, i even made a custom brush for it to mimic the pencil strokes.

Eidothea
(12-05-2023, 10:02 PM)Eidothea Wrote: I have tried watercolor, but never this style, i always get the colors all muddy up, it almost look like mold haha. I might try it out again, if you have any tips, let me know ;3

You may have to use less water and let it dry some before applying the next color. I do watercolor once in a blue moon so consider me clueless. Anybody else can offer help about this?

Anyway, color pencils are cool including when you do them digitally. But since you're on Medibang I'm sure you can find a ton of brushes for smooth color blending if you are interested in this. I can also recommend trying the free software MyPaint for very unusual brush techniques.

You seem to have a fanciful imagination, that's great. If you study some realism I'm sure it will help you make your imaginary scenes more impactful.