How to best collect Reference material
Is it better to save and collect massive amounts of reference material on a personal hard drive,
or should I instead follow lots of various boards on Pinterest? 

On a Hard drive, I know where everything is, and I can cycle through the images quickly with my favorite image software
but what if it breaks, I lose it or the data get's corrupted?
All of that time- wasted.

Pinterest boards are ever increasing with size and variation, I can use tags to search for pics.
and I don't have to spend a massive amount of time saving and categorizing every image
But if I suddenly have a poor internet connection...good luck.

Thoughts?
Balance of both

You can get mileage with some reference overtime so it interesting to have a collection of some of the most interesting thing you can find.

For pinterest i would say use it for time to time if you need to work on different location it will save you having to rely on a external disk that can be lost.

Best is to avoid over collecting.Collecting reference eat alot of time it can be a trap sometime because on pinterest you jump from one board to an other use google first than pinterest if you can't find anything on google.Google as also a some option you can use to get certain image with specific requirement it hard to explain shortly so i advice you check careful how to do search on google

Sure is good to make sure to have a back up in case of hardware failure it an investement well spent if you ask me.Would you rather spend time create a back folder(can take up to 3hour depending on size and computer) or find each and every single thing you lost(probably impossible and so huge of a task that you will cry in a corner (well for me if it would happen to me).

There is also the cloud but i prefer a hard disk it just feel more personal and less dangerous to lose a password or something.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(01-09-2018, 07:39 AM)darktiste Wrote: Balance of both

You can get mileage with some reference overtime so it interesting to have a collection of some of the most interesting thing you can find.

For pinterest i would say use it for time to time if you need to work on different location it will save you having to rely on a external disk that can be lost.

Best is to avoid over collecting.Collecting reference eat alot of time it can be a trap sometime because on pinterest you jump from one board to an other use google first than pinterest if you can find anything on google.Google as also a some option you can use to get certain image with specific requirement it hard to explain shortly so i advice you check careful how to do search on google

Sure is good to make sure to have a back up in case of hardware failure it an investement well spent if you ask me.Would you rather spend time create a back folder(can take up to 3hour depending on size and computer) or find each and every single thing you lost(probably impossible and so huge of a task that you will cry in a corner (well for me if it would happen to me).

There is also the cloud but i prefer a hard disk it just feel more personal and less dangerous to lose a password or something.

Yeah, I can agree to that.
Thanks for replying!