Full (free) Character Design Course Curriculum
I found this course on the internet

http://dig111.blogspot.com/2015/09/

But it seems, that it is not possible to access all the lectures/lessons, but only some of them.

Does someone know, where to see all of those lessons
or does someone know another, similar course, that is like a curriculum for many weeks and thats free?
(not draw-a-box)
It looks like a course actually physically taught at a college. This must be somewhere the professor posts resources for his students. Maybe the college didn't have an online coursework site at the time. So I would expect if you want to see the rest of the lessons you'd have to go to Miami, Florida lol

Which week of that curriculum seem to be what you are looking for the most?Maybe i can recommend you a few free video and maybe a few cheap 10$ or so video that offer exercise.

Here 50 video of student being critic by professional Marc Brunet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFENzKSi...5jjW1UNtph

He as a serie call school term where he teach alot of what you are looking for by looking at the free critic you can get an idea of what kind of feedback or subject you would learn.(I also included the breakdown of each term)

The class is currently 30% off https://cubebrush.co/mb/products/0dpzeg/art-school so it not a free class but i would say it the most well rounded course you can take. If you can't afford physical class or even a online one the problem is that you don't receive direct feedback and you also something taking a class physically give you acess to some extra resource such a library or live model.A cheaper option would be to take he term that you have the most interest in that case the course would cost around 40$(adjusting depending on your currency)

The problem really is that there isn't much resource that will offer you a in depth understanding of figure drawing for free you will have to complement one video with the information from the next and that time consuming if you want someone who already done is homework and can accelerate your learning don't under estimate the power of paying professional.

But i think for now you can get alot by just listening to him giving critic to is student if you understand how to use to feedback for yourself.But you need to be self critical for that and that a skill that you might have not develop before you can understand that some of the feedback apply to you.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(08-18-2023, 08:05 AM)darktiste Wrote: Which week of that curriculum seem to be what you are looking for the most?Maybe i can recommend you a few free video

It was not so much about a specific topic, but about having a complete curriculum, where I would be made aware of all the topics, that "officially trained" people know about.

I am not interested in signing in at a university or alike, but I would want to see all those topics that they are working through and picking from them and making my own curriculum for several weeks/months.

The overarching goal is, of course, to draw better Figures/Characters and maybe even drawings that clearly look "professional" for average people, who look at it.
(08-31-2023, 01:16 AM)lvlingArtist Wrote:
(08-18-2023, 08:05 AM)darktiste Wrote: Which week of that curriculum seem to be what you are looking for the most?Maybe i can recommend you a few free video

It was not so much about a specific topic, but about having a complete curriculum, where I would be made aware of all the topics, that "officially trained" people know about.

I am not interested in signing in at a university or alike, but I would want to see all those topics that they are working through and picking from them and making my own curriculum for several weeks/months.

The overarching goal is, of course, to draw better Figures/Characters and maybe even drawings that clearly look "professional" for average people, who look at it.

Most curriculum will not disclose the exact content that will be touch on just the general topic. To develop your own curriculum you are better to look into book about anatomy for example figure drawing for all it worth by andrew loomis and you can look at the summary for a more in depth idea of the different exercise you could ''extrapolate'' from the book the problem is that most beginner artist have no idea what to do to improve so they reach stagnation pahse and if you have no one to help you solve your question you are very much at the mercy of your own dedication and sometime flaw understanding of fundamental which ultimately slow you down. Again as someone who as over 8 years of experience you need a minimum of mentorship if you want a frame to build on otherwise it a sea of unanswered question and figuring out where to find the information and you are lucky because information is more accessible now then it was when i start but it doesn't mean you know how to find it...the more you progress the more complex the problem. It easy to find video on basic topic but how do you trust what is thought ... this why school teacher are trusted they are not a random person on the internet they are a form of guaranty but it very much depend on you at the end of the day.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.