Handsome Korean's Sketchbook
(05-09-2022, 08:15 PM)darktiste Wrote: Her leg look very thic i don't know if you noticed.Apart from that i think it a good effort.The weapon could use some kind of handle for some grip.Also i don't know what magic she using but that weapon must be very heavy which it doesn't necessary seem to be i think i would expect the back part to be lower and the front a bit higher just due to the point of balance on her shoulder.It just a question of weight distribution.

thanks for pointing that out

i knew somethign was off with the leg but i was hopign no one would notice

as for the weapon, my original intent /design was for the weapon to be a golden sickle and  i only noticed it lacked detail and utility design at the end until it was too late

i suppose i just need to plan everything out even further next time. my goal with this piece was to just learn composition with the background/ values and story of the character and adding design to the weapon was too much effort for me.

fixed version. think im gonn CALL THIS piecef finished soi can move onto the next one

[Image: J7urGZJ.jpg]
sweet! that looks really cool, nice work!

(05-10-2022, 03:19 AM)JosephCow Wrote: sweet! that looks really cool, nice work!

thank you for the encouraging words

trying out new painting technique by jens claessens. saving tons of time and energy with this method

[Image: fZjwqjj.png]
I can see the influence of Jens work in that portrait study. The painting itself seems more mellow. Jen's skin tends to look 'translucent'. I'm curious of his method. Is it part of an online class?
(05-14-2022, 03:48 AM)Dominicque Wrote: I can see the influence of Jens work in that portrait study. The painting itself seems more mellow. Jen's skin tends to look 'translucent'. I'm curious of his method. Is it part of an online class?

I am just subbed to his patreon and followed alonfg wiht his videos

its basically going from grey scale and then having a 'color' layer on top of  it all, then a vivid light layer right above all the gray scale renderings

so you can render/fix everything in greyscale without hacvign to worry about all the colors and temperature changes

decided to do one a color study before bed. hopefuly i can apply this in my next piece as my pieces are overly saturated bright 

[Image: Cyklp5w.jpg]
absolutely stunning work on that elf lady. The rendering on the face is great and how you manage to get that many colours to work in one piece is beyond me, beautiful ^^
Really stunning work here, excellent choices in colors with a ton of subtle variety that really enriches it. Your brushwork is very solid and confident which gives your image a very professional looking finish. Keep up the great work!

(05-15-2022, 06:32 AM)Crowbit Wrote: absolutely stunning work on that elf lady. The rendering on the face is great and how you manage to get that many colours to work in one piece is beyond me, beautiful ^^
your encouraging words really mean a lot considerign that when i look at my old work i only see all the mistakes in it and things i don't like about it.

(05-16-2022, 12:45 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Really stunning work here, excellent choices in colors with a ton of subtle variety that really enriches it.  Your brushwork is very solid and confident which gives your image a very professional looking finish.  Keep up the great work!

appreciate your kind words. one thing i feel is working well right now is putting in the bluer colors on parts of the face/ body that hits the sky light. so for example, the forehead, parts of the cheek bototm part ofthe nose bridge,  will be bluer than the rest of the face. for darker skin tones, more colors of the sky is reflected so there would be more saturated blues.

im rlly digging this new process by jens claessens too. im saving so much time on the portrait and giving me a new confidence that i can do bigger pieces without worrying about the enormous amount of  time ill hav eto spend on it

new portrait study of patrick swayze from pt break using jens claessens metho

[Image: OyC5Iir.jpg]
created these for dave rapoza's bloody roar challenge 

[Image: fiBvIOc.jpg]

[Image: MTh24df.jpg]
fantastic work on these guys the anatomy is amazing, plus the walrus design is great ^^
Nice updates with your last two, great character designs and style there. Keep that up!

(05-23-2022, 09:52 AM)Crowbit Wrote: fantastic work on these guys the anatomy is amazing, plus the walrus design is great ^^
thanks although i messed up on the neck of the human version now that  i look at it 
(05-27-2022, 12:25 AM)cgmythology Wrote: Nice updates with your last two, great character designs and style there.  Keep that up!

thank you for the encouraging words

failed on a couple of art piece attempts for the past 3 -4 days so decided to just go all in with this one with no expectations. pretty happy with how the expression came out for this one

[Image: YrNu3Qi.jpg]
worked on a bigger piece this time. fan art of chandra for mtg

learned a bunch. still think im gonna tweak the background and fix the fire in her hand a little bit before calling it done

edit fixed things mentioned above
[Image: AITSXJo.jpg]
Hellou ! :)
Thanks for taking your time to comment on my sketchbook here ! Thought it would be appropriate to do the same until I saw how bloody good your work is !! :o

Like, daily updates !?!? In this quality ?!?! Why even bother commenting on my lazy ass, cell shaded, I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing work !? :D

I agree on your point that I have yet to do studies of other artists I follow so thanks for reminding me about that ! :))

In other news, I don't know what to say about YOU ! Everything you posted here is something I can only dream of being able to do. But I believe that being aware of your desires and wishes won't neceserally bring happiness you envision. Therefore I stick to simplicity and respecting the work put into pieces such as these.

Keep it up, pretty korean boy !!

Shin's Sketchbook ▼ ▼ ▼Patreon ▼ ▼ ▼ dArt
(06-05-2022, 04:51 PM)ShinOkami Wrote: Hellou ! :)
Thanks for taking your time to comment on my sketchbook here ! Thought it would be appropriate to do the same until I saw how bloody good your work is !! :o

Like, daily updates !?!? In this quality ?!?! Why even bother commenting on my lazy ass, cell shaded, I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing work !? :D

I agree on your point that I have yet to do studies of other artists I follow so thanks for reminding me about that ! :))

In other news, I don't know what to say about YOU ! Everything you posted here is something I can only dream of being able to do. But I believe that being aware of your desires and wishes won't neceserally bring happiness you envision. Therefore I stick to simplicity and respecting the work put into pieces such as these.

Keep it up, pretty korean boy !!
wow thank you for the kind and encouraging words. 

Been trying out a difference process to speed up my time on doing portraits.
ended up doing this nihiri MTG fanart
[Image: zsHZ7k1.jpg]
prohb the hardest piece i worked on. pretty hppy with it turned out, learned  bunch from this piece
Nahiri from MTG fan art 

[Image: udE9A6S.jpg]
That looks great, dude, nice job! The swords look really cool, I like the contrast of color with the sky and cool shadows behind them. I don't really know anything about MTG, so I'll just let my imagination run wild on what those floating diamonds do lol

The blade on the right look like it not allign with the rest of the element of the sword it seem to be on a different vanishing point.We should see less of the blade and it should be more angle toward the character.Nothing wrong about setting a midline on an other layers to check if the blade and handle line up.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(06-24-2022, 02:37 AM)JosephCow Wrote: That looks great, dude, nice job! The swords look really cool, I like the contrast of color with the sky and cool shadows behind them. I don't really know anything about MTG, so I'll just let my imagination run wild on what those floating diamonds do lol
thank you bro
Worked hard on the swords and it was prob one of the toughest thing to do in the painting. Def messed up on the perspective on one of them though
(06-24-2022, 03:25 AM)darktiste Wrote: The blade on the right look like it not allign with the rest of the element of the sword it seem to be on a different vanishing point.We should see less of the blade and it should be more angle toward the character.Nothing wrong about setting a midline on an other layers to check if the blade and handle line up.
thansk for pointing that out.
believe it or not that was my 3rd attempt at that sword. i realized if i changed it all and made its perspective look correctly it would mess up with the composition of the overall piece

fixed it regardless so it looks better though
Some absolutely beautiful and inspiring works here.. I look forward to seeing more!! ☺

🦇 33 / F / BPL UK
🖤 Imogen's Sketchbook of '22
🖤 ART Instagram
🖤 (NEW) DeviantART
🖤 Social Media Links