Sean's sketchook
some initial concept sketches from tonight, gonna try and develop this into a more developed project.  i personally like the purple one the most and am probably gonna lean into the executioner archetype more for the next round, let me know what you guys think!

Attached Files Image(s)

The purple one is the most immediately understandable, and it reminds me of Skeletor from Masters of the Universe, so go with that one.
(05-27-2020, 09:01 PM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: The purple one is the most immediately understandable, and it reminds me of Skeletor from Masters of the Universe, so go with that one.
yeah, i was watching a video by Riot explaining how constraints make better concept art so I'm really trying to limit my reference/ archetypes when I do these. The first two on the left I didn't really have a reference/ an idea so they come off as sort of generic, although I'm pretty satisfied with the shape design.

anyway, here's my figure warmup from today, haven't done these in a long time, feeling pretty rusty but lots of fun

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's some new figures, I looked into the Force/Matessi method since that seems to be a hot topic around here and I can really feel it loosening up my figures! excited to see where this method will take my drawings.  need to brush up on leg anatomy tho, not very confident with those forms.

Attached Files Image(s)

I really dig the noah bradley study, and agree with PE on the purple one. If you're looking for any advice I'd say watch your proportions in your first few posts, but you seem to have it under control in the latest posts so I don't know how applicable that is.
Good gestures here! Especially the Noah one. Looking forwards to your next ones