Wladimir's sketchbook -C&C appreciated!
A sketch for a self-portrait I'm going to paint
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]

Love your master study on the second page! your paintings are improving very nicely.
In your above sketch you've almost nailed the linework, its much more confident than your drawings on paper. I'm talking mostly about the short indecisive - scratchy lines.

Perhaps drawings with your forearm not just the wrist can help, also making the line in the air above paper then putting it down.

(08-27-2013, 05:56 AM)Lumens Wrote: Love your master study on the second page! your paintings are improving very nicely.
In your above sketch you've almost nailed the linework, its much more confident than your drawings on paper. I'm talking mostly about the short indecisive - scratchy lines.

Perhaps drawings with your forearm not just the wrist can help, also making the line in the air above paper then putting it down.

Thanks a lot Lumens! I'm really interested in working with lines, I'll try to somehow integrate the line work into my coming pieces.

I'm also going to keep practicing with charcoal, since I was using the exact method you mentioned about using the arm, it gives the lines a lot of energy!

Anyways! Here's the finished self-portrait, drawing from observation really helps to improve proportions and also the colors.

[Image: Selfportrait.jpg]

Practicing from imagination
[Image: DSC_5775.JPG]
[Image: DSC_5776.JPG]
[Image: DSC_5779.JPG]

And from observation
[Image: DSC_5782.JPG]

Gotta keep practicing the anatomy!

Hope you're all having a nice day :)

Practicing from imagination! Butt naked guy and gestures!
[Image: Buttnkkd.jpg]
[Image: gest0.jpg]
[Image: gest1.jpg]
[Image: gest2.jpg]

Thanks for watching! :)

Thank you very much, I appreciate it :)

Hey guys, last day of vacations :| I hope this coming quarter doesn't kill me haha

Anyways, here's some sketching I did in front of the mirror!

[Image: DSC_5814.JPG]
[Image: DSC_5815.JPG]
[Image: DSC_5813.jpg]

Thanks for looking :)

The self portrait is awesome! You look badass!

(09-02-2013, 03:48 AM)Rognoll Wrote: The self portrait is awesome! You look badass!

Haha thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

Been doing this and listening to some crimson conversations, those always inspire me. I need to fix some things and go deeper into some detailing and coloring, this should be fun :p

[Image: Stilllifesep01.jpg]

See you in a bit!

you got serious skills..

(09-02-2013, 06:38 AM)florentK Wrote: you got serious skills..

Thank you man, I really appreciate it. I've been working hard on these 3 weeks of vacations, it's a shame that my classes start tomorrow.

Here's the finished still life, it was pretty fun
[Image: Stilllifesep01pr3.jpg]

Have a nice day!

Today's been a rough day, had three classes, been out from 6am to like 7pm, but here is a selfie and some sketches from my arms by looking at the mirror.
[Image: DSC_5825web.jpg]

Gotta keep drawing.

Have a nice evening! :)

Some stuff from these last two days
[Image: DSC_5879.JPG]
[Image: DSC_5877.JPG]
[Image: DSC_5857.JPG]
[Image: DSC_5864.JPG]

Thanks for passing by!

Back to homework :|

hey man, I really like your first 3 pages to this sketchbook, I see a lot of promise in you if you keep this up as you are doing. Just keep busting those anatomy studies man, be sure to READ up on the loomis, Hampton, vilppu, bridgeman anatomy too if your not already. the mistake I made when I first started was a simple copied to pages without actually reading the book lol. It helps a lot and the pdf's are free online.

The latest still life looks like a big step in the right direction, you seemed to have grasped the colours and values very well here, be sure to do a shit ton more of these! Also the latest sketches look nice. The lines seem more fluid as you gain more confidence in you marks. I'm exited to see progress dude, so be sure to keep killin it as you are doing!

Best of luck mate.

(09-11-2013, 07:56 AM)Warburton Wrote: hey man, I really like your first 3 pages to this sketchbook, I see a lot of promise in you if you keep this up as you are doing. Just keep busting those anatomy studies man, be sure to READ up on the loomis, Hampton, vilppu, bridgeman anatomy too if your not already. the mistake I made when I first started was a simple copied to pages without actually reading the book lol. It helps a lot and the pdf's are free online.

The latest still life looks like a big step in the right direction, you seemed to have grasped the colours and values very well here, be sure to do a shit ton more of these! Also the latest sketches look nice. The lines seem more fluid as you gain more confidence in you marks. I'm exited to see progress dude, so be sure to keep killin it as you are doing!

Best of luck mate.

Damn man! I'm sorry I didn't replied to this before, I just fell into a vortex full of all-nighters and stress in this quarter.

Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate the comments, I've been reading those anatomy books carefully and trying to apply it to my studies, I'll make sure to go deeper on that in these free days, I plan to do a few still lifes also!.

Sorry for the absence guys, this quarter took so much of my time it was driving me crazy, sometimes I wish I could just drop everything and buckle down and draw for years.

Anyways, here are some drawings I've done in this last days, more coming tomorrow!

[Image: tumblr_mxrr6qOTsB1qzjirpo1_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mxszrgsGuJ1qzjirpo1_r1_1280.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

Really nice sketchbook work man!
(12-15-2013, 12:39 PM)rainbowsorknives Wrote: Really nice sketchbook work man!

Thank you very much! :)

Here are some of the things I've done today.
A quick loose life painting, working with little opacity.
[Image: Still-life-dec-15.jpg]

[Image: Apples-P-1.jpg]
[Image: Apples-P-2.jpg]
Process from some apples on aluminum paper I've been painting, this has been pretty interesting/annoying to paint.

Thanks for looking!

Ok guys I'm done with this, here also a gif, because yeah, gifs are cool
[Image: Apples-P-3.jpg]
[Image: Apples-P-gif.gif]

I feel like painting something from my imagination, that's where my brain farts, I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow ._.

Have a good night/day/whatever it is where you are!

Decided to practice anatomy from imagination
[Image: DSC_7395.JPG]
[Image: DSC_7397.JPG]
[Image: DSC_7398.JPG]
[Image: DSC_7394.JPG]
Among other things
[Image: DSC_7399.JPG]
[Image: DSC_7392.JPG]
[Image: DSC_7393.JPG]

More soon!
Have a nice day :)

Been drawing a bit more, these are from imagination