Hello everybody
Hi everyone, 

Nice to meet you! I am an amateur artist, actually a beginner. I have never had any art studies, but I used to draw a lot when I was young until the age of 13-14 and had a real passion for it. Unfortunately, as I became older due to time, studies and jobs somehow left the drawing behind. 

Now at the age of the 39, I am trying out one more time, hopefully more seriously, to draw and become better on it. I am looking to connect with other artists and possibly through this forum better my art by looking other artists and also seeking help.

I hope that's ok for you guys to post my work here and seek out advice and possibly help. I still don't know if I want to target such a high goal of being a professional artist but I certainly want to better my art as much as possible. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Welcome aboard. It's certainly "OK" for you to post your work and seek advice.

I wish you all the luck in getting back into art. If you're feeling a bit lost after such a long hiatus, I personally find that the most helpful thing in such a situation is to find a good art book or other resource on whatever I'm struggling with (figure drawing, perspective, whatever) and follow it for a while. Merely feeling like you have some sort of solid direction is very helpful for keeping the motivation up.

So if you haven't gotten any books yet, feel free to ask for recommendations. Some popular authors are mentioned in this thread: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-76.html

Have a most excellent time.
Welcome,
that's great that your'e back at it, increase your skills, don't worry about whats professional or not
enjoy the work and leveling up your skills

GUMROAD | ARTSTATIONINSTAGRAM | YOUTUBETWITCH | SKETCHBOOK
Discord tag: AndrewGibbons#3357
(07-19-2020, 03:29 AM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: Welcome aboard. It's certainly "OK" for you to post your work and seek advice.

I wish you all the luck in getting back into art. If you're feeling a bit lost after such a long hiatus, I personally find that the most helpful thing in such a situation is to find a good art book or other resource on whatever I'm struggling with (figure drawing, perspective, whatever) and follow it for a while. Merely feeling like you have some sort of solid direction is very helpful for keeping the motivation up.

So if you haven't gotten any books yet, feel free to ask for recommendations. Some popular authors are mentioned in this thread: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-76.html

Have a most excellent time.
Thank you for the warm welcome and the recommendation!! I will certainly follow up with the books topic!
(07-19-2020, 10:11 AM)xelfereht Wrote: Welcome,
that's great that your'e back at it, increase your skills, don't worry about whats professional or not
enjoy the work and leveling up your skills
Thank you for the welcome and nice to meet you!