one_two's sketchbook
Wow, that WIP seems like it will look amazing when finished. The perspective of the towers on the right side building seems a bit of to me, but maybe I´m wrong.

Nice updates here, really enjoy the last composition in particular. Are you planning on refining it further with colors and such? Keep up the great work!

Solid update! I'm super curious to see what the last one would look like finished. I really like the cathedral shadows. It's a minor detail but you're nailing it so far, giving depth to something made complex by the amount of lines and repeating sections.

The only thing bothering me is the composition. You got many vertical elements in the same section of the canvas (people, building, cliff); this and the centered people makes artwork a bit too still looking despite the daring perspective.

update

Attached Files Image(s)

I am getting an head ache just thinking about what it would be like to be solving this cast shadow building.So i gotta give credit on the that for sure.

But for the boat i just have to say that to me it just doesn't make sense since it would need some kind of air ballon to keep the whole thing floating unless that propeller is really overcloak and i think i never seen anything that fly with a single propeller place at the back.It one thing to imagine something it an other to make it functionally believable.Plus it not frame in away that would probably make it easy to show what need to be understood by the viewer.

Just a small note the backpack i find that they don't feel as separated object it as if there are fuse to there jacket.So make sure you choose value that read and seperate the object in space to indicate when two object are close together in that case the value get much darker.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Looking great! Very happy to see you have resumed the image as it's one of my favorites from you. My only suggestions would be to push atmospheric perspective more, and I think a less saturated blue for the sky would give the image a more natural, believable look. Keep it up!

some  quick composition/light studies and a portrait

Attached Files Image(s)

an illustration i did lately

Attached Files Image(s)

todays portrait

Attached Files Image(s)

some recent compositon studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Amazing sketchbook ! You have great skills in environment painting and composition.
Great updates here, always enjoying seeing more work from you. Lots of different studies which is great, you seem to be tackling a lot of different subjects so I hope it proves helpful. Really enjoy how you tackle skin btw, some very confident brushwork and skintones in that regard. Keep it up!

Kassatay, cgmythology, thanks guys, pleasant to know you enjoy my stuff. So here's one more illustration i did lately.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some orcs this time. Not my usual subject matter and choice of colors :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I suggest you work on texture your hair look to similar to the cloth texture.

Also you are doing alot of thing that make your silhouette read less than they could.

For example the dagger of the female orc run parallel to her arm and since it so horizontal we are having a hard time to see what she holding it as if the dagger is hold both in her hand or as if it like a wrist blade attach to an arm band.

For the orc it a similar problem the arm with the fist run parallel to the arm it overlap creating a weak silhouette i suggest you move the arm away from the body slightly.

For the male orc i would say the pose could use more dynamism but at same time he doesn't since it constrasted by the female orc dynamism.

The female orc remind me of gamora form Guardians of the Galaxy might want to try to be a little more creative.

Last thing would be to think about believability how would those skull stay in place there is no sign of any ficture rope or anything of this kind.

So to finish i suggest you work on studying how to create better silhouette,texture and optionally gesture

Sorry for the harshness of the critic it was starting to be kind of a long message but there certain good point like anatomy and lighting and bonus point for 2 character in the same scene.

My Sketchbook
darktiste, thanks for the bonus points buddy, keep up with them critiques ;)

Attached Files Image(s)

You seem to have an interest toward storyboarding atleast a leaning perhaps i am i wrong or it just that you study alot from movie?

My Sketchbook
darktiste, not storyboarding but rather a story behind an image, i do study a lot from movies

Attached Files Image(s)

the last one would be a really cool painting! Are these studies from movies, or are these compositions you made up yourself?

JosephCow, probably, these last two are studies, as well as todays post .

Attached Files Image(s)