DonkeyCobra’s Sketchbook
So I guess this is the beginning of my sketchbook. Not sure where to start so I thought I’d post some doodles. At this point I am interested in what my strengths and weakness are and then I can build from there.

I think your off to a good start with this sketchbook! Proportions are looking quite good, and you got a good understanding of how to render the different materials in Black and White.

If your gonna draw with regular ink pencils, then I recommend that you vary the width of the pencils you use. Line weight is important and does a lot to make lineart look more professional.

Are you looking into making some color stuff and paintings as well?

Thanks Zorrentos! I use COPIC Multiliners for inking but have yet to try mixing different widths so I could try that. Is there any reason that approach would be better for varying line width versus learning to use a fountain pen or a brush pen?

As for color stuff, it’s always made me uncomfortable and I usually avoid it. But I suppose if I want to improve I could start more deliberate practice.

Using a brush pen should give you a more organic result compared to a regular ink pen. It's a good practice to experiment with different sorts of media and material if you want to go the "pen-and-paper" route rather than digital.