CaDisciple Sketchbook
Hi, I'm migrating here from conceptart.org (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthr...Sketchbook) and Permanoobs (http://forums.permanoobs.org/viewtopic.p...9&start=60) because the functionality of this forum better suits my needs and it seems better taken care of. 

Goals
Short-term: (deathline Sept.1)- Finish Portfolio, geared for storyboard/storyboard revisionist position in action cartoons 
long-term: submit a cut for an anime that gets shown on Toonami/Adult Swim  or its equivalent (just to go full circle, I think it would be nice to participate in the thing that inspired me when I was young)
Final: Create a short (or long) personal film

*I know most art forums aren't very active nowadays, but I really hope I can help inspire or motivate just a few people by cataloging my journey. It is useful for me to look back at where I started and see what worked/ didn't work. I also had a very hard time finding an animation community with similar interests so maybe I can start here. I will comment & critique someone else with every update*

Fight 1

Fight 2

[Image: tumblr_nsmjwaGXVj1u370nyo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nsmjwaGXVj1u370nyo3_400.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nsmjwaGXVj1u370nyo2_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nsmjwaGXVj1u370nyo4_400.gif]

[Image: tumblr_nsmjwaGXVj1u370nyo5_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nsmjwaGXVj1u370nyo6_400.gif]

Marie's Bear - Practice Project

[Image: tumblr_nqoiw8QjsJ1u370nyo1_500.gif][Image: tumblr_nqn04iuzfU1u370nyo1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nqquzqdSRj1u370nyo2_1280.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nqquzqdSRj1u370nyo1_1280.gif]
[Image: ep3m4wg.gif][Image: tumblr_nqxbf859wT1u370nyo1_1280.gif]
[Image: tumblr_nr24bkcVK41u370nyo1_500.gif]

Design 

[Image: tumblr_np6ruxi4V61u370nyo4_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_np6ruxi4V61u370nyo1_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_np6ruxi4V61u370nyo3_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_np6ruxi4V61u370nyo2_1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_np6ruxi4V61u370nyo5_1280.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_np6ruxi4V61u370nyo6_1280.jpg]

Character Posing Practice- Original poses with borrowed character designs

Black Star from Soul Eater

Jojo-Birthday Card fanart

Oh! Welcome aboard mate, its rare to see animation artists on a forum. So I'm glad to see one, look forward to see your documented journey in this sketchbook ;)
Welcome to Crimson Daggers. Grin

Awesome to see so many interesting animations. Looks great! Your perspective works are really precise, too. Can't wait to see you building up your values. Keep it up!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
Just here to echo the others and say that your animation looks awesome!
Hey guys, thanks for the welcome. I will try to create some threads dedicated to animation in the art discussion section, so I can share some resources, and so I can also ask some questions (I have a lot, maybe someone will have some insight)

-I have also created a deathline topic which is closely related to the purpose of my sketchbook:
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6737.html
=======================================================================
More posing practice: Ms. Fortune (Character not mine, and model sheet not mine)

[Image: latest?cb=20140823170822]
Credit: Zero Lab Games
=======================================================================

Next assignment: I'll fix up character design for portfolio

Hey man, welcome to the forum. It's a treat to see animation wips. Great stuff. Wrt your environments. The perspective seems good, but for some of the things you posted there are some issues with discrepancies of relative scale of objects in the scenes, which makes me think you don't use guides to test and judge these in your work as much as you could.

Anyway those aren't your focus, but something to work on maybe. Great stuff, keep posting!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Like the others I want to give you a warm welcome here! I'm really enjoying your animations so far and I'm totally looking forward to see what you come up with in the future!
Also looking forward to your threads concerning animations. I'm a huge fan of animation and it's what started my love for drawing (:

SKY IS THE LIMIT

DeviantartSketchbook
Hi, like others just want to say awesomeeeeee animation, and also love your drawing.
btw welcome to crimson dagger :)

>>Animation Resource and discussion thread: http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-6...l#pid87267<<
==========================================================
Hi Amit, thanks for pointing that out. I see it now, the figures aren't well integrated, mainly they are too small and some  architectural features are misaligned. I will check for these problem next time. Great find. 

Cyprinus & Insbox, I hope you guys will experiment with animation in the future. I'll try my best to pass on knowledge. 
==========================================================

I am revisiting a project that is a few months old to touch up some things. It was for a character design challenge on a different art forum and I found it a great motivator to start on my own projects. 

The original prompt was hero with useless powers, but I can't do comedy well so I changed it up a bit, to a hero with abnormal powers ~ highly developed perception to music and ability to beat sync.

-Adopted by government organization "Anomalous", weapons include a system of gloves, escrima sticks, and headphones. 

The reason I thought up of this hero was actually because I wanted to practice some movement choreography, and the first thing that came to mind was what if Nightwing fought to a beat.

Song should be a close match

I don't know why I did these specific moves, because it is not what I had in my mind at all. I was intending for a faster fighting style with more stick spinning and quick hits synced up to something like hardstyle music. But it was still good practice, just unintended concept. 

Ay caramba! its you Hsung ! hows it going , i dont know if you remember foxfire from permanoobs, anyway , i wonder where you gone off to. glad to have you back!

have you tried searching for an animation specific forum? im very keen at learning animation , as i see it has benefits for us illustrators.

Heee Disciple! So nice to see you here!!
It's great to see how much you have improved in animation and drawing in general.
Well I don't really know about animation, so I can't really offer much help. Though maybe you could push one of your animations further, like tightening up the lines.
Looking forward for more of your progress!
Waaaawwww... Grin

I really like the latest animation, even if it didn't come out as intended. It's like a dance/fighting thing. Like the Aiel Spear Maidens or something, haha. Keep it up!

Sketchblag

Join our Study Group: The Velvet Revolvers!  Let's work hard together!
wow really liking this sketchbook, good to see something else than only drawings and illustrations, not that its a bad thing ofcourse :P nice work!!
-Hi Kurt, Foxfire seems familiar. I couldn't handle the spam over at permanoobs, and the site had too many functional restrictions like image size, no spoiler tags etc. It was very had for me to help build a community with limited tools. 

Sorry, I don't know any animation forums that is why I came here.

-Hi Voodoo, I will work on that next. I think pushing even a very short animation to very high detail/ very clean line is where I need to improve.

-Bookend and Angelique, give animation a try sometime, it is fun and accessible with just photoshop. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deathline

I can consider my showreel "finished" to meet the deathline but I don't want to send it out yet. The quality isn't good enough yet.  

-I want to work on better drawings and more detailed model animations so I am going to delay sending out showreel samples and actually study some anatomy and clothes folds 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a practice storyboard of a sample script from the Legend of Korra show. 

[Image: MMHOpv6.gif][Image: Bw1qZ1o.gif]
[Image: nHTiAd0.gif]
[Image: M4aKWOW.gif]
[Image: NyObunM.gif]
[Image: F7IrlTQ.gif]

==================================================================
Storyboard Screenshots

-Huge image warning (300+ img)

You can see that hands, clothes and some anatomical detail needs a lot of work. 

I will work on improving understanding of drawing figures (especially in connection areas as well as hands) and try to implement the studies in showreel revisions.