Back for more
Hello everyone!
I found this forum five-ish years ago, posted a few images, and then life ran away with me. I know, excuses are excuses and I plan on exercising discipline this time around.
I'm a brand new person, so I thought I'd post a new introduction thread. 
Who am I now? 
I'm a 37 year old stay at home mom, caring for a 1 year old. Still love metal, and a plethora of other music, but its no longer my sole personality trait Insane . I found out I am narcoleptic, so that explains so much about my lack of energy and commitment in the past. My free time is so much more sporadic now, but I tend to fill it with art more than I used to, and I'm determined to improve and grow FOR MYSELF, whereas I used to just want to impress other people.
My main medium was digital art, but I'm now going back to my humble beginnings and strengthening my traditional art. Currently I'm playing with toned paper, ohuhu markers, and colored pencil... and its just so much more inspiring. Limited tools tend to spark my creativity and push me farther than digital. When I picked up the pencil again for the first time in years, I realized my skill level was not on par with my digital art because I was too used to the shortcuts the medium provides. Now I have to actually take time to think about composition, proportions and colors whereas with digital I knew I could just change things with the click of a button.

My main goal is to start drawing regularly again, as I'm sure the rest will follow with consistent practice. I started a sketchbook for the first time since I was a teenager, which is a Big Deal because I often pushed myself to finished pieces with no real thought or practice behind them. I'm slowly becoming ok with my art not being "perfect" all at once.
I was doing pretty ok meeting my goals of drawing a little every day, but last month got derailed due to the traumatic loss of a family member. I figured I could either keep moping (which is totally valid) or I could use it as a kick in the ass to do the things I love, soooo here I am!
Thanks for having me back :D
Welcome back!
And sorry for your loss. Been there two years ago, it has its way of putting things into perspective, doesn't it? Just don't beat yourself up if your grief gets in the way of goals, it takes quite some time to process something like this.