Poll: Who drew the greatest unlikely familiar?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ash
57.14%
4 57.14%
Jana
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson COW Finals (Week of May 30th)
Creature of the Week
»Unlikely Familiar«

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Sunday, June 20th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| FINALS THREAD ||+-
Her little sparrows bring the sparrow witch all the information she needs...

[Image: pEeiGGJl.jpg]

@Ash I really like the contrast between the innocent looking bird and the kind of ominous looking hand of the witch.

Wow Ash, kudos on this one. Lovin' it! Massive improvement over the last participation (which was also good but I like this one even better). Great idea with the contrast. A+.
Strong points in my view:
* Ash: Expressiveness and rendering.
* Jana: Elaborate concept.
What does the red star mean on the kangaroo's fur?
And am I seing a white symbol on the sparrow's "shoulder?"

Ash: I echo what everyone else said. Sparrow looks downright angelic.
Jana: Great 'roo, he looks genuinely battle-worn.
Leo Ki: I'm sorry to hear you got crushed by work and couldn't participate because I enjoyed those platypus sketches very much.
As an Australian I was liking the vibe of the Aussie animals and was working on a Frilled neck myself - really makes a good theme for unlikely familiar.

We all want a kangaroo sidekick with weapons stashed in her pouch prove me wrong.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Indeed. And right, it's a she. I forgot that male 'roos don't have a pouch. WHOOPS!

Australia does have many very interesting and unusual animals. Perhaps a theme for a future COW should just be "Australian Animals".
(06-23-2021, 08:44 AM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: Indeed. And right, it's a she. I forgot that male 'roos don't have a pouch. WHOOPS!

Australia does have many very interesting and unusual animals. Perhaps a theme for a future COW should just be "Australian Animals".

That would be a great theme - white Australian folklore aside, aboriginal myths were mad.  the Imjims always stuck with me.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

(06-23-2021, 08:44 AM)Pubic Enemy Wrote: Indeed. And right, it's a she. I forgot that male 'roos don't have a pouch. WHOOPS!

Oops, I had a male in mind when drawing it, but I guess I learned something new today. I thought kangaroos were kind of co-parenting and so they both had one of those. I guess he is a she then.

If Australian Animals ever makes it as a theme I´m in, so many animals to choose from.

Quote:What does the red star mean on the kangaroo's fur?

Hmm.. I added it because the sketch also had one. I guess it could be the sign of the bonding between her and her warlock. Maybe he has a star tattoed somewhere on his skin.

(06-23-2021, 09:04 PM)Jana Wrote: Oops, I had a male in mind when drawing it, but I guess I learned something new today. I thought kangaroos were kind of co-parenting and so they both had one of those. I guess he is she then.

Yeah Kangaroos give birth after only a few weeks and the embryo stays in the pouch. Marsupials are all different in their own way. Tassie devils stand on their head to get the embryo to the pouch. Platypuses lay eggs. We thought seahorses were weird. 

The males can be staunch though.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Jana, love that you went with a battle kangaroo. She looks strong and determined, it'd definately look cool to see her paired up with a warlock or witch! I think the anatomy could use a little more work to look more convincing. The color variations in her fur are very nice!

Leo Ki, yes, it's a (vague) skull, it wouldn't be on them all the time, since that might get them found out too easily, only when close to the witch of when they get infused with magic.
Too bad you didn't have time to work on your platypus (I loved where you were going, and loved the teamup whith my crocodilegirl), hopefully for the next challenge you'll have more time to participate!

Rotten pocket, too bad you couldn't enter, but dang, that royal alien looks fantastic!!!!!