Pushin' though hard times.
Study plus digital sketch.

Dragon sketch... but I also added some architecture. Small steps.

Face study plus sketch. Work work work on those faces :/

Hi there Zipfelzeus, you've got some pretty awesome painting studies and character designs here, really nice work. One thing I noticed on your thread compared with others is that your practice sketches don't include many gesture sketches. I'm studying these myself in the hope that it will make my character poses more natural and dynamic. Just a thought for you in case it helps. Anyway - keep up the awesomeness dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

@Artloader: I do most gesture sketches in pencil and I haven't really posted any pages from my sketchbook latley because the quality of my camera sucks :( but mind you I'm fully aware that I have a problem with dynamic character poses. I'll work on that thanks for the input!

Just a stillife today.

Pencil stuff. Please excuse the quality I tried my best to make the picture visible but my camera just suuucks.

Portrait study from a movie. Little trivia as a sidenote. When I watched Watchmen the first time on dvd I actually didn't knew the source material since I know very little about comic book. I just thought it was some kind of weird movie with comic book like estatic. Well... there is that. (and I actually like to movie, maybe because I know nearly nothing about the source material.) You can call me a heretic now... but that's just how it was.

More pencil studies. Sorry for the quality of the photos again :(

Fan Art yo. Rendering cartoon chatacters is so silly but fun.

haaaand

Terrible photos of pencil stuff uiuui.

Gerome study.

animal movement studies

A study and some more fan art.

Pencil sketch. Horrible quality continues.

Tapir study.

movement studies.

Long digital study. Unfinished because I messed to much up. Next one.

personal pencil pieces.

Still life of a prayer mill. Screw that gold texture.