IronSkeleton's sketches
Tried hands again. Hard to post as often as before because of high school but I am still drawing in my free time on real paper.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hey, the lines on those last two studies are looking good. :)

Lots of great advice in this thread! I think it can be quite overwhelming starting out drawing and wanting to progress quickly. Zorrentos mentioned it's a marathon - it really is - it takes a long time to get to a professional level, years, and even then you might not be satisfied with your work because you initially set the bar super high. Anyway what I'm trying to tell you is, I guess, be careful with putting too much pressure on yourself. It can be crippling, so let your artistic curiosity guide you, let inspiration guide you, especially now when you're so young. (you mentioned in your last post being busy with high school right? I assume your not a teacher there)
Your artistic journey should be a place of fun and excitement. So the goal you've set is great, just remember to take it slow and experiment, be the scientist in your own artistic lab, see what you find and don't let the outside world put pressure on the progress of your excavations.

In terms of actual drawing advice I would definitely suggest life drawing. If you can get to life drawing classes that would be great, if you can't have that, try sitting down in a public space and draw people (your high school?). On the side - study anatomy from books, and when you do, don't study primarily to get the drawing to look good, study how the actual muscles sit and what they do. This is a general thing by the way, try to understand what it is you're seeing, how it's constructed and how it sits in 3D space, try not to focus too much about what your drawing will look like at this point. That might sound counter intuitive but it's super important that you understand what you're drawing, style will come later.

Drawabox.com is great for fundamentals, if you haven't seen that. That's where "ghosting" comes from (I think?) it means pretending to draw a line from point A to point B by acting out the stroke one or two times above the paper before actually drawing the line. It helps you with line confidence and is great for drawing boxes for example.

Lots to say about this, and there are multiple ways to go about it, but primarily have fun and experiment with what you enjoy drawing.

I'm starting to understand the journey I'm taking right now and can't wait to become better. Thank you for the lengthy message, it really summarises all I have learned from this site and what I should focus on. Drawabox is probably what I'll focus on for now. Until then, I tried figure drawing again so I hope I got a little better.
[attachment=127831 Wrote:IronSkeleton09 pid='132949' dateline='1633631872']I'm starting to understand the journey I'm taking right now and can't wait to become better. Thank you for the lengthy message, it really summarises all I have learned from this site and what I should focus on. Drawabox is probably what I'll focus on for now. Until then, I tried figure drawing again so I hope I got a little better.

Hello again! It has been quite some time, stress from high school and getting to college was a duzy, unfortunately I didn't get to go to my art school option, but it's alright. I kept drawing nonetheless, and I'd ask for as much feedback like the last few times. The last advices I got from this site, still help me to this day concentrate on what I should improve and how to do so. Thank you so much for your help in the past! 

As for the drawings, a few of them are force gestures and a few are portraits.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here are a few suggestions: In your portraits, try to make lighter pencil strokes then progressively pass again over some of the lines to give them more strength and get a sense of what features are more important. Alternatively, you can start shading the surfaces to give them volume.

In your force drawings I think that you tend to trap yourself into details. But once you are done with the quick gestures it can be interesting to refine slowly.

(02-03-2023, 12:55 PM)Leo Ki Wrote: Here are a few suggestions: In your portraits, try to make lighter pencil strokes then progressively pass again over some of the lines to give them more strength and get a sense of what features are more important. Alternatively, you can start shading the surfaces to give them volume.

In your force drawings I think that you tend to trap yourself into details. But once you are done with the quick gestures it can be interesting to refine slowly.
Thank you! I appreciate it!
Looks good!

Personally I would suggest avoiding doing too many portraits at your level. I also did many portraits when I started out, but along the way I realized that doing faces over and over and over again was just frustrating, and I wasn't really progressing as an artist.
(02-06-2023, 04:37 PM)Kilillan Wrote: Looks good!

Personally I would suggest avoiding doing too many portraits at your level. I also did many portraits when I started out, but along the way I realized that doing faces over and over and over again was just frustrating, and I wasn't really progressing as an artist.

Before hand this a reply to him but it also apply to any artist so please ready anyways.

It because not about drawing what you see it about the form underneath and developping an ability to visualize a form turning.Mindlessly drawing face is at best being good at measuring distance and porportion it doesn't teach you how to draw from imagination.(I can see you are doing alot more work that require perspective so you know you are in the right direction)

The problem is shifting the way we think from symbolic to 3d dimentional the problem is were brain trick us into think we understand 3d but we don't.It explain in a book called the new drawing on the right side of the brain by Edwards something sorry the family i forget.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.