Heya!
So excited to find this site, I’ve heard so many good things about conceptart.com during the good ol days and I’m hyped to find such a nice community here! I’m a 21yo student from the US studying concept art and comics in hopes of landing a job in environment design. I spend a lot of my free time drawing characters from the Dungeons & Dragons campaigns I’ve been in along with painting studies, which I’ll post in my sketchbook thread at some point. Feel free to call my by my username or Mor :))
Can’t wait to develop my skills along with y’all!

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your stuff!

(11-15-2021, 04:10 AM)Mor.eamhh Wrote: So excited to find this site, I’ve heard so many good things about conceptart.com during the good ol days and I’m hyped to find such a nice community here! I’m a 21yo student from the US studying concept art and comics in hopes of landing a job in environment design. I spend a lot of my free time drawing characters from the Dungeons & Dragons campaigns I’ve been in along with painting studies, which I’ll post in my sketchbook thread at some point. Feel free to call my by my username or Mor :))

A little bit of a conflict here it seem at first glace.In term of aligning what you draw and what you want to be paid to draw atleast you seem to know about where you want to go. Perhaps you would be better fitted as an illustrator or a storyboard artist.So you can mix both of course concept art can ofter the possibility to work at time on different subject. But character design is a really competitive branch of concept art so i think you might find more work as an environnement guy. It just depend on your dedication and skill.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Hi, welcome!

I don't think there's much conflict there at all. Concept art and comic art all have environment design as a crucial component. It's great to delve out in all areas at first in order to find your feet.

Looking forward to seeing your work too! Go ahead and make a Sketchbook thread and show us what you've been up to.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
(11-15-2021, 07:09 AM)darktiste Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 04:10 AM)Mor.eamhh Wrote: So excited to find this site, I’ve heard so many good things about conceptart.com during the good ol days and I’m hyped to find such a nice community here! I’m a 21yo student from the US studying concept art and comics in hopes of landing a job in environment design. I spend a lot of my free time drawing characters from the Dungeons & Dragons campaigns I’ve been in along with painting studies, which I’ll post in my sketchbook thread at some point. Feel free to call my by my username or Mor :))

A little bit of a conflict here it seem at first glace.In term of aligning what you draw and what you want to be paid to draw atleast you seem to know about where you want to go. Perhaps you would be better fitted as an illustrator or a storyboard artist.So you can mix both of course concept art can ofter the possibility to work at time on different subject. But character design is a really competitive branch of concept art so i think you might find more work as an environnement guy. It just depend on your dedication and skill.
Hello, thanks for the comment!

The college I attend doesn’t have a degree program specifically for concept art, so I’m in their Sequential Art program for the visual storytelling classes, though I’m also taking Illustration classes for painting techniques. Technically I could work in the comics industry as well though they’re not my forte, paneling is a nightmare for me. I’ve heard all about how competitive character design in the industry is, and I love creating environments so I think it’ll be a good fit! Honestly any job where I’m making art is great, but I’m a huge RPG/indie game nerd and would love to work for a small studio. Any character designing I do will probably be on the side for personal projects.

(11-15-2021, 06:04 PM)RottenPocket Wrote: Hi, welcome!

I don't think there's much conflict there at all. Concept art and comic art all have environment design as a crucial component. It's great to delve out in all areas at first in order to find your feet.

Looking forward to seeing your work too! Go ahead and make a Sketchbook thread and show us what you've been up to.

Aaaa can’t wait to start it as well! I am currently in the dredge of finals, but will post soon :)