Mirres Sketchbook
[Image: tumblr_mceuz10YVH1qggipfo1_500.png]
more character design thumbs. I liked the ones to the left the most.
[Image: tumblr_md25ufJZHS1qggipfo1_1280.png]
Woooo I finally got my new tablet! An Intuos4 Large :D
Did this portrait when I tried out the tablet for the first time, it took a little time to get used to the size of the tablet. But I must say it's not ten times more fun to paint in Corel! Painter really do use all of the features in the tablet!
[Image: tumblr_mdcn3hwzUd1qggipfo2_500.png]
Some environment thumbnails. Focused mainly on color palettes here.
^I like the fourth environ study the most. got a rainy, almost depressing feeling to it.
[Image: tumblr_mdfvfjPcfe1qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mdg5wsSLQI1qggipfo1_500.png]
Has been quite inspired by the game "Journey" today. Here's some speedies!
woah! look at all the cool stuff in heeeeere~

[Image: tumblr_mdhzymSgg31qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mdhzymSgg31qggipfo2_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_mdho0esIQh1qggipfo1_500.png]
And here's some more speedies :)
I think I've found my own personal grasp on environmental speedies a bit better now. I think the "less is more" thinking fits me quite well.
[Image: tumblr_mdpe0svtnU1qggipfo1_1280.png]
Creature/Character design. Pretty simple, just wanted to experiment in mixing a centaur with dragon/dinosaur-ish anatomy.
I like the look of that black graphic brush style you've been using. Very pretty for drawings.

here are some process shots on a current work:
[Image: tumblr_me0sqf6wi11qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_me0sqf6wi11qggipfo2_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_me0sqf6wi11qggipfo3_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_me0sqf6wi11qggipfo4_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_me2l5xcWqg1qggipfo2_500.png]
Not so much left, this will soon be finished. Just need to work more on the main character and also place the head a bit further back, since the perspective right now looks a bit off between them.
[Image: tumblr_medp2sE5TU1qggipfo1_500.png]
[Image: tumblr_medp2sE5TU1qggipfo2_500.png]
WIPs of another painting I'm currently working on.
[Image: tumblr_meg4zye0El1qggipfo1_500.png]
30 min speedpainting before heading to work. Wanted to try out some new color techniques.
[Image: tumblr_mej6999BfD1qggipfo1_500.png]
Playing around with a limited color palette. The composition could use some work tho (I sense a tangent somewhere at the right area)
Awesome sketchbook! In the last one I think you could have used the blue for some glowy things! Like mushrooms or something.

You have a good eye, try spending more time on the studies, I am getting a feeling that you are impatient (don't hate me if i'm wrong hehe).
I like where the red riding hood is going colorwise, you can totally flash out the reds on her cloak.

(12-05-2012, 10:21 AM)iCi Wrote: You have a good eye, try spending more time on the studies, I am getting a feeling that you are impatient (don't hate me if i'm wrong hehe).
I like where the red riding hood is going colorwise, you can totally flash out the reds on her cloak.

You are actually right there, haha. I'm pretty impatient, I have yet to finish an environment painting that isn't just a thumbnail. But you're right, I should do more studies.
[Image: tumblr_memav6zE351qggipfo1_500.png]
Followed your advice and did a little study based on a photograph, I really need to practise more on rocks and mountains and such.
[Image: tumblr_memndhtzbq1qggipfo1_500.png]
yet another WIP. trying out a new technique that I've grown a bit fond of using.
[Image: tumblr_mezfsa3dY81qggipfo1_500.png]
Coloring practise sort of?
I've found this painting technique that I really like, so I decided to try it out roughly on some characters I have created through my teenage years (minus the girl at the top left)