Serdar's sketchbook
2-5-10-15 minute charcoal sketches.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some stuff I did. Moslty charcoal figures and portraits and some digital paintings. 

Very very sorry for the bad quality of the pictures. I gave up... I don't think I will be able to take better pictures in the near future :(

Attached Files Image(s)

Some copies from books

Attached Files Image(s)

haha love those Loomis studies!

Thanks.

Yes, good old Loomis :) His books are kind of like a rite of passage in figure drawing community I guess.

I'll post more hopefully
Great drawings, my friend. I like the style in which you draw. Keep up the same spirit and remember that you always need to improve in art, so just go ahead and believe in your work, because they are beautiful. I'm telling you this as a person who has been painting for about 12 years and immediately sees a talented artist, well, or at least the makings in drawing, and you have them. I have recently become interested in Persian Fine Art because recently I went to a tattoo artist who gave me a tattoo in this style, and now I am a fan of the work of this tattoo artist.
(11-02-2022, 06:20 AM)nicholascam Wrote: Great drawings, my friend. I like the style in which you draw. Keep up the same spirit and remember that you always need to improve in art, so just go ahead and believe in your work, because they are beautiful.

You don't ''need to improve'' you don't even need to believe in yourself you set what you strive for and you follow throught. Phrase like i believe in myself mean nothing.It the action that have the metamorphic capacity to turn statement into more then what to me is just sprinkle and rainbow.

Everyone come with a different approch and goal they might be different as were own so it important to remember were difference and not push people with word such as ''you need to'' that not up to you to determine that.You don't ''need to listen'' to me but i think you should consider your choose of word.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Thank you, nicholascam for praise and encouragement.

And, thank you, darktiste for taking the pressure off. Believe me, I know where you're coming from so well
Your gesture studies are on point, really great linework there. In general you do a great job of simplifying the figure while indicating anatomy. Impressive stuff, keep it up!

Thank you very much cgmythology
Charcoal gesture drawing as usual

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick sketches with charcoal.

Attached Files Image(s)

10 to 15 min. charcoal sketches

Attached Files Image(s)

Doing the same thing but, I believe, improving, even if slightly. That's ok. I'm not in a rush :)

Attached Files Image(s)

More studies...

Attached Files Image(s)

Your quick gestures are an exultation! I can only repeat what Damien said: When doing a portrait, try to apply the same technique at start, capturing the essential traits and construction first.