Crimson CHOW #43 - Cloud Cowboy
Hey Legend, your whale frog from another world is fantastic! (and the racy cowgirl)

Thank you for putting into words what I'm struggling to render with the jellyfish. I need to make an animation I think.

The saddle though, I'm trying to avoid because it feels weird on the giant cupola. I'm exploring some magical ascetic alternative.

@Leo Ki Thank you so much and I just updated my final entry as I thought I could just put a little more effort in smoothing some things out etc; no big change though but I feel it looks better.

Yes, just go for it, and continue with what you are doing. The more images you bring to final the better you will get. Just make sure to check the foundational elements of your image over, like composition, values, color, correct drawing etc....

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
Thanks Legend. Pushing further, but I don't have a designer or illustrator's mindset. The challenge I set to myself is to use only the Kaerhon brushes with no initial drawing. Meet the cloud fakir.

@Leo Ki No thanks needed and to develop a creative mindset you've just got to keep putting work in, it's something you build and create over time, many, many years usually. What are the Kaerhon brushes? So you're working method is directly with the brush working volumetrically and doing no linear sketching?

Your recent post is coming along well. Try to keep pushing it further and further. Do all your big shapes first and then gradually narrow the process down to the details and then smoothing things out. Make sure your file size is at high enough resolution to enable your details.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
Sorry, I thought I had mentioned the Kaerhon brushes in the last CHOW but it was probably in my sketchbook thread. It's a set of buttery brushes in MyPaint, which are well suited for clouds and foggy renders. I cheated a bit in my final (which I will post in a minute) and I used a toothbrush... uh... brush, for the skin ash and paper.

The thing with imagination is that I'm so conditioned by my comic characters that I find it difficult to jump onto a character outside of my worlds and really get under their skin for a just a few weeks.