Poll: Who drew the greatest biblically accurate creature?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
RottenPocket
50.00%
5 50.00%
Lege1
20.00%
2 20.00%
Zebra
10.00%
1 10.00%
lvlingArtist
10.00%
1 10.00%
JosephCow
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson COW #12 - "Biblically Accurate" Creature - FINALS
Creature of the Week #12
»"Biblically Accurate" Creature«

The best of the COWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next COW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the creature must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Thursday, September 21st @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| FINALS THREAD ||+-

Dropping it in early - I've taken a week off work so I'll have other things on :) 

Mostly completed on trains to and from work - and some shoddy old buses which made for some interesting paintstrokes in places. I didn't really follow any set process for this one, and results came from just natural feeling out of shapes- definitely some sections where if I had the discipline I would go back and fix.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
A wonderful piece Rotten! I really enjoyed just floating around the creature checking out all the fine details and those hands are all super nice! Well done!!  Not sure I’ll be able to participate in this round due to my work schedule but I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions.

Beautiful work by @Rotten Pocket! I definitely wanted to get something to final so here it is.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
Usually I draw only on Paper, so I was really not used to digital.
Also I have not much clue of coloring, so I left it as Black+White.

Slidin in here at the last minute

nice drawings everyone!

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-18-2023, 05:30 PM)Lege1 Wrote: Beautiful work by @Rotten Pocket! I definitely wanted to get something to final so here it is.

Kudos for continuing the odd-pupil shape trend, tri and quadriform both!

I would suggest considering their form a little more when you next draw eyes so close up. The iris and pupil are recessed into the orb under the cornea which forms a domed, secondary curve. Light also tends to bounce off the far side of the iris, and glare off the close side of the cornea. 

With those small points considered you can really make those eyes pop:

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

(09-21-2023, 09:51 AM)Zebra Wrote: @ RottenPocket - Great looking piece. Really dig the ornate nature of it and the expressiveness of the hands.

@ Lege1- Good work on the rendering, it’s looking cleaner and more confident!

Didn’t give myself enough time on this because I was too indecisive about what direction to go. Next one I’ll have to give myself a dead line on picking a concept.

So many hands... and I cropped a fair few of them as well.

It was great seeing your many variations. This does feel more like an initial concept still, but all the foundations are there for a character illustration so I agree next time would be good to be more decisive in the design so you can push it further as a polished final.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

(09-12-2023, 12:46 AM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: A wonderful piece Rotten! I really enjoyed just floating around the creature checking out all the fine details and those hands are all super nice! Well done!!  Not sure I’ll be able to participate in this round due to my work schedule but I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s submissions.
I'm not one to judge for missing the odd challenge or five...
(09-22-2023, 09:26 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Slidin in here at the last minute

nice drawings everyone!

Awww yeah you know I like my hellish hounds, great impression and silouette.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

@RottenPocket Thank you so much on that critique and info, I will definitely be taking all of that into consideration the next time I draw eyes so close up like that. Great work again man!

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun