Crimson CHOW #47 - Halloween Scream Queen

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, RottenPocket

Crimson Character of the Week #47
Halloween Scream Queen

"Your Theme is Halloween Scream Queen!

Usually seen as one of Horror's oldest tropes, your Scream Queen will no longer be the Victim of a murderous home invasion - maybe they're the real danger here...

Take inspiration from favourite Cult Classics like Hellraiser, Scream, Night of the Living Dead and so on - Make your Character a formidable Halloween themed defendant (aggressor) and make sure we know exactly who is the Queen of Scream."

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.
  • AI may be used in the ideation process, but the final image must be 100% hand-drawn.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Thursday, November 2nd @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-
Brick 
First lines and concept.......she kills to feed him........

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
I am very bad at anatomy but i still have eye to tell you that the face of that girl need to conform to the form of he skull her face is way to flat at the moment.Also the way you drawn the breast down instead of showing the proper torsion is an issue the breast would go up because her shoulder is up due the ''cracking up of the ''smash'' or ''slicing'' to get momentum.

One thing i like is the mysterious 4 figure in the back but this guy is living in a totally different perspective then the rest i gotta say i know you are going strong in the dramatic composition but keep in mind the rule of perspective if you don't want to throw the viewer in the fourth dimention.Like it would make sense if we would see the character emerging from a portal in that case maybe the perspective inside that plane is different from the one of this reality.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Great start Lege1, loving the monsters sinister look! Darktiste made some good feedback, I would level out those sweater puppies :)

I finally got some free time to flesh out some thumbs. These were my favorite 3. I plan to take one of these further. Im leaning towards the space mechanic as I don’t do a lot of sci-fi and wanted something fresh. Drawing inspiration from all the space thrillers I’ve loved throughout my life. There always seems to be that one sexy female side character who gets taken out in some bloody and unnecessary shower scene…not complaining..but not this time!  

(10-09-2023, 06:23 AM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: Great start Lege1, loving the monsters sinister look! Darktiste made some good feedback, I would level out those sweater puppies :)

I finally got some free time to flesh out some thumbs. These were my favorite 3. I plan to take one of these further. Im leaning towards the space mechanic as I don’t do a lot of sci-fi and wanted something fresh. Drawing inspiration from all the space thrillers I’ve loved throughout my life. There always seems to be that one sexy female side character who gets taken out in some bloody and unnecessary shower scene…not complaining..but not this time!  

I wrote you a little backstory you could use.

A distant rattling sound disturb the stasis sleep of were heroine in her interstellar journey.She get dress and take her handy smart club and head toward the sound what is making such a noise an other mutant space rat trying to sabotage her journey ?The air seem to get thicker as she approch did someone turn up the heat or what she tell herself nervously as she wipe some sweat of her forehead.

What was suppose to be a pretty straight foward mission to bring back dark matter for experiment is about that have a unexpected turn. As as she just come around the corner there standing about 7th tall a shadow figure with nothing but bad intension a vague but certainly menacing presence can be felt .Maybe she should have stayed in bed she told herself as she now as no choose but to face this menacing figure towering over her.She scream as she swing her club having the urgency to defend herself.

Stay tune for the incredible next episode of Inter stella.

My Sketchbook
(10-06-2023, 06:52 PM)Lege1 Wrote: First lines and concept.......she kills to feed him........

This is the start of something :D I would downplay or put into the background the demon, maybe her shadow cast upon a tombstone makes a demon silouette - only because he's stealing the focus a little.

(10-09-2023, 06:23 AM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: Great start Lege1, loving the monsters sinister look! Darktiste made some good feedback, I would level out those sweater puppies :)

I like all three of these! The Bridal Shower is my first favourite, having a genuine grin that borders onto demented. Buffy is a classic, but the space horror MC portrait is also a really interesting direction - let's take these further.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Love the back story @darktiste! We’ll go with that one :)

Thanks Rotten, yeah I’ve got be honest I was tempted by all 3. Might play with the others if I find time. For now we i fleshed out my badass hanger mechanic prepped for an alien showdown …or should we say beatdown

(10-13-2023, 01:05 PM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: Love the back story @darktiste! We’ll go with that one :)

Thanks Rotten, yeah I’ve got be honest I was tempted by all 3. Might play with the others if I find time. For now we i fleshed out my badass hanger mechanic prepped for an alien showdown …or should we say beatdown

Interesting how the light intereact with the smoke refracting light i don't understand what are those '' latern hot spot'' i think the light is not very realistic being so close to the body it would not hit the torso it almost as if the light is at her him the latern shape is hard to read so it hard to determine the behavior of the lightsource.

I was trying so color alternative and tested something more bluish but the light really work better in yellow i was looking to do something cold like space but i think your take just cut her face in a more meaningful way mine is to heavy monotone but what i would have like is to have that red light from the wall against the blue it might look different but i stop because i don't want to spend to much time on Pov.

Attached Files Image(s)

My Sketchbook
(10-13-2023, 01:05 PM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: Love the back story @darktiste! We’ll go with that one :)

[Image: Jason-X-horror-movies-40611023-500-281.gif]

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Star 
@Darktiste Thank you so very much on the great critique as always, I always take into consideration your wise words and observation and appreciate you for that. The beginning stages of this idea were going a bit rough for me in reflection of my life in the times which has been a bit turbulent regarding work. In response I have created my own business doing graphic design and illustration work where I can, but setting everything up where I live was far from easy; none the less, I got it done and am in a state of building. I recently took the time to best serve this image idea and will be posting it shortly in the finals. Thank you again though for always sharing your two cents on what I do.

@CBinnsIllustration Thank you very much on your feedback as well and my apologies for not being able to be much a part of this round. As mentioned above to @Darktiste that I had to get some things in order in my life regarding the work situation as things were starting to get a little scary.

Your wips look excellent, I was really impressed with all of them and actually really liked Buffy concept the most. Either way your close to finished/ final image looks fantastic in the posts here. The overall concept and theme are very nice, and I really like the color theory in this piece because you took advantage of the complimentary colors in here outfit. The rendering looks tight and good per usual and the expression on her face shows the traumatic psycho bitch she probably really is, definitely not a chick I'd want to date ,lol. The halftone texture in the characters outfit really ramps up the detail in the overall piece and makes the image that much more interesting; this reminds me to use texture overlays again in my work like I used to, but I got on a tangent about trying to do absolutely everything manually. Anyway, great work again man and hope you're well, I'll see you in the finals. Good luck!

@RottenPocket I was really sad to see that you had no wip entrees in this round of CHOW aside for the paint over you did for CBinnsIllustration; I was not able to participate much myself because of life matters as mentioned above *I really liked your topic though here just so you know, so it had nothing to do with lack of interest, and I will be presenting a final in a few. I hope things are ok in your world and remain hopeful that you might post something incredibly awesome in the finals. I saw your Conan meme, lol and it is time to drop before midnight. Good luck!

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
(11-03-2023, 06:21 AM)Lege1 Wrote: @RottenPocket I was really sad to see that you had no wip entrees in this round of CHOW aside for the paint over you did for CBinnsIllustration; I was not able to participate much myself because of life matters as mentioned above *I really liked your topic though here just so you know, so it had nothing to do with lack of interest, and I will be presenting a final in a few. I hope things are ok in your world and remain hopeful that you might post something incredibly awesome in the finals. I saw your Conan meme, lol and it is time to drop before midnight. Good luck!

Haha, I'm sorry but I have excuses! I upgraded my PC so I spent a week setting that up and transferring everything over; my day job is undergoing a new national project which I can't even begin to explain how It's affected me; I get home after looking at screens all day and can't see shit, so I have finally gone to the Optometrist and have glasses on the way, which should help with the eye fatigue. 

So in my lack of participation I at least aim to rev everyone else up.

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

@RottenPocket Totally understandable and I'm sorry life is posing its challenges towards you. If I can make a recommendation of using some Gunner Blue Light blocking computer glasses, this might help some, as it helped me. I hope your days become better and look forward to your future works. Thank you for the cool topic and great entry last round; it was truly motivating and inspiring. Wishing you all the best!

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001