Looking for an art buddy
Hello, it is nice meeting you all. I am seeking an art buddy because I am currently in the UK for studies and come from Canada. I don't have anyone else with whom to share critiques and advice. There's one friend from back home who I can't reach. My presence on the Internet has also been very limited. I also would like the motivation one would get from working together.

I have been drawing things for a few years, mostly with pencil and paper. I like drawing from life and occasionally furry art. Send me a PM if you want to contact me elsewhere. I have a Discord account.
(10-13-2023, 04:59 PM)Lith Wrote: Hello, it is nice meeting you all. I am seeking an art buddy because I am currently in the UK for studies and come from Canada. I don't have anyone else with whom to share critiques and advice. There's one friend from back home who I can't reach. My presence on the Internet has also been very limited. I also would like the motivation one would get from working together.

I have been drawing things for a few years, mostly with pencil and paper. I like drawing from life and occasionally furry art. Send me a PM if you want to contact me elsewhere. I have a Discord account.

You can hit me up for critique you know how to use the inbox in here?

Motivation should not be a condition you will have good and bad day and you should actually probably cultivate that time to do solo project if your usual thing is to be motivate around other you can't depend on people to motivate you all the time.If you need to be in a public space to feel ''in the mood to work so be it'' i am not personally of the belief that chatting is useful will working atleast not in the early stage unless it for some kind of feedback or group project.There a certain point in the work where thing are figure it out and thing go in a more ''automatic manner specially toward the end'' i personally recommend to use those time to plan a head for your next project if you have any brain capacity left or maybe listen to music or audibook or art postcast.

For me discipline is the name of the game.You don't need to be motivated you need to be calculated what is motivation? A magic wand that hit you randomly? No it being passionate and deliberate about the thing you do.It not that you leak motivation is rather i would say that you procrastinate and it sap your motivation .Get thing done in a intelligent way don't burn yourself out because that when you wonder what happen to that motivation.The flow crash when you don't understand the source of your problem.

I wrote this a while back https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5494.html it might not reflect my current view on motivation but i hope you will still check it out as it might help you better understand how to ''enter the flow state'' i would personally give you this last advise make sure you find artist that you admire that the shortest way to become like them and you don't need motivation motivation is actually a word for excuse wrap in a pretty paper.If you need motivation just remember that your full of excuse and what do people with excuse do?They procrastinate they pity themselve they overthink that not the place to be.If there is a will there is a way.So clear out the way and the flow shall follow. 

Peace

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
(10-13-2023, 05:25 PM)darktiste Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 04:59 PM)Lith Wrote: Hello, it is nice meeting you all. I am seeking an art buddy because I am currently in the UK for studies and come from Canada. I don't have anyone else with whom to share critiques and advice. There's one friend from back home who I can't reach. My presence on the Internet has also been very limited. I also would like the motivation one would get from working together.

You can hit me up for critique you know how to use the inbox in here?

Motivation should not be a condition you will have good and bad day and you should actually probably cultivate that time to do solo project if your usual thing is to be motivate around other you can't depend on people to motivate you all the time.If you need to be in a public space to feel ''in the mood to work so be it'' i am not personally of the belief that chatting is useful will working atleast not in the early stage unless it for some kind of feedback or group project.There a certain point in the work where thing are figure it out and thing go in a more ''automatic manner specially toward the end'' i personally recommend to use those time to plan a head for your next project if you have any brain capacity left or maybe listen to music or audibook or art postcast.

For me discipline is the name of the game.You don't need to be motivated you need to be calculated what is motivation? A magic wand that hit you randomly? No it being passionate and deliberate about the thing you do.It not that you leak motivation is rather i would say that you procrastinate and it sap your motivation .Get thing done in a intelligent way don't burn yourself out because that when you wonder what happen to that motivation.The flow crash when you don't understand the source of your problem.

I wrote this a while back https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5494.html it might not reflect my current view on motivation but i hope you will still check it out as it might help you better understand how to ''enter the flow state'' i would personally give you this last advise make sure you find artist that you admire that the shortest way to become like them and you don't need motivation motivation is actually a word for excuse wrap in a pretty paper.If you need motivation just remember that your full of excuse and what do people with excuse do?They procrastinate they pity themselve they overthink that not the place to be.If there is a will there is a way.So clear out the way and the flow shall follow. 

Peace

You bring up some good points that I will follow. I'll read your writing now.

I haven't found an artist to admire yet but next week is a work break and my course of action is to go to the Louvre in France. Hopefully I'll find something. It's the first time I will have been to an art museum so it will be a delight.

I agree that chatting aimlessly is not effective at making art. Though you seem to have missed the point. I am looking for people to talk to. This is why I joined the forums.
Hi, welcome! I have always wanted to go to the Louvre that sounds awesome!

I'm on discord quite a bit if you wanna chat. Also if you hit the discord button on the top right under the Crimson banner, it'll take you to the Study Buddy server where you may be able to find some friends as well.