Crimson CHOW #48 - Swamp Shepherd

This week's theme and brief by previous winner, CBinnsIllustration

Crimson Character of the Week #48
Swamp Shepherd

"His/her flock can be anything you want but keep him looking like he rolled right out of the bog of eternal stench."

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Guidelines:
  • No photograph paint overs, must be 100% original work. (See next rule for exception)
  • 3D is permitted and renders MAY be used as whole or in part of a painting, as long as YOU created the work. Pre-made and/or purchased, online, assets are forbidden.
  • AI may be used in the ideation process, but the final image must be 100% hand-drawn.
  • There is no restriction on the character's gender, time period or culture.
  • Studies are recommended, but not required.
  • There is no restriction on image formats (horizontal, vertical, square).
  • Environment backgrounds are optional.
  • Keep in mind you are not required to stick to what is in the passage. It is more of a guide in terms of mood.

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Saturday, December 2nd @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| WIP THREAD ||+-
This screams Florida Man...

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
Will I regret the gators later? probably

Attached Files Image(s)

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida
LMAO. Florida Man's gotta have his gators.
Great topic @CBinnsIllustration and awesome concept start @RottenPocket I can definitely see a Swamp Shepherd out there with all his gators a.k.a. Swamp Puppies, lol. Gator Boy Chris and Paul on IG are def Swamp Shepherds.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
Yeah nice start Rotten! There should be some fun ones out of this one. Roughed out a few, I might go for something fun on this one so leaning towards fleshing out the boss and really try to play with texture a bit and see how swampy I can get him :)

(11-20-2023, 05:14 PM)CBinnsIllustration Wrote: Yeah nice start Rotten! There should be some fun ones out of this one. Roughed out a few, I might go for something fun on this one so leaning towards fleshing out the boss and really try to play with texture a bit and see how swampy I can get him :)

Make A  but with the character of C.

So basically a frog herding frog.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Yeah you read my mind! Might do just that. Played around with him a little

Brick 
My first concept....

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Great start Lege1 are we going to get a glimpse of his flock? 

I managed to flesh mine out a bit more, pretty happy with where it’s at so far, may let it sit and soak for a bit. Looking forward to seeing some more cool ideas

Lil update...
@CBinnsIllustration Thanks so much man and awesome piece! Same as I told you on IG, great action and loving the contrast and overall concept.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001