Hey folks.
Hello everyone, nice to meet you. You can call me FallowGround or FG, since it's a mouthful. 

I'm a concept artist mostly working in games, but have done some work in comics and animation as well. I wasn't really aware of OG concept art forums (and too young to properly utilise at the time too, probably), but dabbled in ancient forum based petsites back in the day when I was a wee lass. I feel like I've had a tough time keeping up with discord groups and have been really craving an old-school online community. The sorta place you catch up with over tea in the morning, write an essay length reply on and where you can track progress in a 6-year old thread and all that, haha.

I have a lot of life and art-related goals for 2024 so I hope having a place to share and get feedback on will help. Most of my art goals this year are fundies related. I started drawing and doing commissions really young, without really actually /learning/ how to draw properly so I'm working on fixing those good ol' gaps now. I'm planning to tackle construction and human anatomy first. I draw full-time for work so I'm desperately trying to find a way to sneak in consistent practice in my schedule. (If anyone has figured this out I'd love to hear how you do it!) 

I'll do my best to not disappear after this post, and hopefully post instead of going into permanent lurk mode. I'm a bit nervous but also excited about meeting a new community and going back into study mode. I'll post some old stuff since everything recent I've got is under NDA and I haven't done any studies in an embarrassingly long time :') (Doing my best to change that though!)

Take care and thanks for having me! Looking forward to browsing through everyone's sketchbooks. Let's work hard and set solid goals for 2024.

- FG

Welcome FG! Please do share your works and study goals, you'll see that helps on many levels.
I'm not very active here these months but others are :)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've been debating setting up a sketchbook but all my latest exercises have been draw-a-box early Scott Robertson related, so REALLY boring to look at. Eh, maybe I should just go for it anyway. Hoping to see those other elusive active users, haha
welcome welcome ;3 glad to have you here. Your art look so neat! Your art studies look like gouache paintings. You shoud totally set-up a sketchbook, would love to see it.

- stay fresh, cheese bags-
          Eidothea
Welcome! Love the work you shared! Can’t wait to see more. Also hit up the CHOW section, we need some more participation! And it’s great for getting the imagination going and for practicing those personal art goals!

Thanks fort the welcome! I'm afraid I don't know what CHOW refers to. Is it like an art challenge you folks do here?

(01-02-2024, 04:37 PM)FallowGround Wrote: Thanks fort the welcome! I'm afraid I don't know what CHOW refers to. Is it like an art challenge you folks do here?

Yeah, "Character of the Week", though it's technically now "character of the month" because we just don't have the traffic needed to sustain weekly challenges. Head to the "Community Challenges" forum if you're interested.

Welcome to the forum. I really like your piece of the dragon in a forest. Delightfully whimsical and atmospheric.
Hello, everyone! I'm Jenna, and I'm excited to share my discovery of the trauma-informed care consortium of central Texas https://traumatexas.com/ .  Comprising nearly seventy member organizations, TICC operates on principles of safety, reliability, choice, collaboration, empowerment, and cultural inclusion. With a mission to establish a trauma-informed community, TICC focuses on education, outreach, and training to support children, families, and service providers.