Poll: -
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
--
0%
0 0%
---
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #49 - Twisted Christmas - FINALS
Crimson Character of the Week #49
»Twisted Christmas«

The best of the CHOWs will be picked by an anonymous poll in the Finals thread and the winner is given the opportunity to pick the theme of the next CHOW's design, as well as becoming the title banner for that week! So go hard, design something interesting and unique!

Rules:
  • You must post at least one WIP in the WIP thread to be accepted into the final poll.
  • Finals must be posted in the finals thread before the deadline.
  • At least 3/4 of the character must be visible (minimum from the knees up).
  • Only ONE submission per person in the finals thread.
  • No fanart. We want to see your original, unique interpretations!
  • Voting will be held for 5 days after the deadline.
  • In an event of a tiebreaker, a winner will be chosen through a randomized name picker.

Deadline is Saturday, January 13th @ UTC: 23:59

-+|| FINALS THREAD ||+-
Steady and ready to keep things dark and cold in the Holiday Season, the Twisted Snowman and his frostling keep things below zero.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Sun "Everything has been done, but not by you" Sun
Congratulation i mean good job everybody

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Lege1, very Freddie Kruegery. I can always count on you to take a concept to the max. It makes me feel like my imagination is deficient by comparison, LOL.

As the only contestant this time, you get to write the next theme and brief. Send me one whenever you get a chance; no rush.
yeah nice work! sorry you had to do it solo this time! i'll catch the next challenge

Pubic Enemy: Thanks so much and I just try to make something interesting and fun to create. I have sent the new topic with hopes that it interests @joesephcow @cbinnsillustration @rottenpocket and maybe even @darktiste and yourself to enter something. I also think it would be super cool if Dave Rapoza would participate in these at least once in a while to bring some serious heat to the kitchen all the while killing multiple birds with one stone because he could use the topic to create an illustration which could result into Patreon content, add to his portfolio, and advertise the forum here, while also advertising himself, and business via social media. Wishful thinking maybe, but a strong thought. Maybe you can deliver that message to the North Pole for me, lol.

Joseph Cow: Hope all is well your way man and thanks, and no worries. I really love these challenges even if I have to rock solo, but I of course love them more when you all join in.

Darktiste: Thanks and hope you have been well also.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
To all artists struggling to create and are intimidated by A.I. (anti-imagination)
Congrats on finishing! Really fun entry.

Looking forward to seeing what the next topic will be. Will see if i can make some time to participate too.

Turned out great @Lege1! I really liked this one and it would have certainly won even if contested in my opinion, as I couldn’t think of anything close to this level of creativity.  I should be able to join back in on the next topic, I picked up a few book cover jobs this month and that really sapped all my free illustration time. Looking forward to the new topic!

FallowGround absolutely, and get in where you can for sure. The more mileage you put in the better you become, at least that's what I like to think, lol.

CBinnsIllustration Thank you so much on the good words and just always striving to get better and improve primarily for self. Big congrats on the new projects, work takes priority over everything especially if it's something you love. That's the general idea is to become so busy with professional work that you no longer have time for stuff like this, that's also the downside to it all too as most professionals I know all complain about not having enough free time for their growth and development with their personal art. I definitely went through it in my years of tattooing when I'd get busy and that's all that mattered was preparing the next design to seat the next person and so on. It's a juggling act to try and balance out personal and professional projects, but the bills gotta get paid so work will always come first.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001
(01-16-2024, 12:12 PM)Lege1 Wrote: FallowGround absolutely, and get in where you can for sure. The more mileage you put in the better you become, at least that's what I like to think, lol.

CBinnsIllustration Thank you so much on the good words and just always striving to get better and improve primarily for self. Big congrats on the new projects, work takes priority over everything especially if it's something you love. That's the general idea is to become so busy with professional work that you no longer have time for stuff like this, that's also the downside to it all too as most professionals I know all complain about not having enough free time for their growth and development with their personal art. I definitely went through it in my years of tattooing when I'd get busy and that's all that mattered was preparing the next design to seat the next person and so on. It's a juggling act to try and balance out personal and professional projects, but the bills gotta get paid so work will always come first.
Here my thought on mileage

It not the more mileage you put the better you become it the more deliberate and aware of how to get there that get you to a better place, everything else is happy accident.

You can do the same error over and over but unless you become aware by observation of what is wrong you must practice awareness a simple example would be when people have to deal with perceptive you can try to draw a cube but if you don't understand what perspective rule apply to a specific perspective you can't get the result you want it will be guessing because you don't even understand which perspective you are trying to achieve. Nothing wrong with guessing it part of how we realize there actually rule to the process... it where alot of us had to start to respect the fundamental.The more you are aware of the rule the better you are equip to realize your vision.

Someone who reject reason when it presented will be doom to learn the rule by repetition until the rule become self evident but the one who understand what the rule are will be able to play the game masterfully and consistently.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.
Darktiste: I wasn't trying to get too technical with the mileage thing but yes your absolutely right. Putting good amount of work on the right stuff is going to get the artist where they want to go.

LEGEND'S SKETCHBOOK_001