Greetings From Somewhere
Question 
Hello!

My name's Rylee, and for my new year's resolution last year when I turned 20, I realised I was undisciplined, clumsy, impatient, and didn't really have any hobbies so I thought learning to draw was the perfect challenge. I've tried to get into drawing in my life many times, but for the reasons mentioned above, it never really stuck until I eased myself into it through digital art. Truthfully, I still don't accept the 'mantle' that is the artist label, but hopefully I can live up to it one day.

My long term milestone is to eventually be good enough that someone would commission me to draw something for them. 
Naturally, there are a bunch of philosophical quandaries about the value of art and what good art is, but as I'm the equivalent of a molerat, I have to compromise with monetary value instead. 

When it comes to art, I want to focus on illustration and character design. I'm mainly here as a means of driving myself to draw more because I do a lot of thinking about drawing instead of drawing, which is a bad habit I need to kick.

In general, I'm just a university student studying English, and I occupy my time by gaming and studying.
Gaming kill your neural reward system because it design in a way that favor constant reward.It no surpris if drawing seem like it require discipline and patience because it require alot more than gaming.

Truthfully atleast for myself i find that having a console in the same room as you would normally draw in or have pc game easly accessible if you work on a digital media make it more likely that you will choose gaming over drawing.

The worst of all is if you play game on your cellphone now it almost impossible not to have a distraction at all time.

As jordan peterson would say clean your room.

Creating new habit become important because you have to re train the brain.

I have written a guide on how to improve your flow. Flow is the mental state of operation in which a person performing an activity is fully immersed in a feeling of energized focus, full involvement, and enjoyment in the process of the activity. In essence, flow is characterized by complete absorption in what one does.

You can read more about Flow here
https://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-5494.html

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.