Oh Hi
Tongue 
You ever had someone start a text convo with "Oh, hi"? Drives me nuts. Anyway...

My name is Nellie, and I'm more or less a self-taught artist. I've been drawing since before I could remember, so, much of my life. But I did get some formal training in college. 

I'm new to forums, so this is weird for me. Lots of stuff to learn here. Etiquette things, exploring the community... etc. But I like what I see here so why not give it a go?

Recently I started working on a webcomic. It's taken up a good 95% of my time and energy outside of my full-time job. It's not a complaint; it's a project I am absurdly passionate about. But it has made me super aware of where I am lacking as an artist. Since starting the project, I haven't been able to properly allocate time to improve upon areas that seriously need work, which are mostly gestures, inking, anatomy, and foreshortening.

I'm looking to put aside more time to get better at full-body anatomy and gestures, but of course, the goal is always to improve overall.

That said, here's some art I've done over the years!

Welcome. The characters are good and interesting; it's normal to feel exhausted with projects even if it's something we really love to do. It requires a lot of effort and dedicated time. You can create a sketchbook here on the forum and post your stuff, so everyone can comment and help you with your goals.

(04-12-2024, 09:29 AM)VitorCardoso Wrote: Welcome. The characters are good and interesting; it's normal to feel exhausted with projects even if it's something we really love to do. It requires a lot of effort and dedicated time. You can create a sketchbook here on the forum and post your stuff, so everyone can comment and help you with your goals.

Thanks! Excited to be here  :) 

I just might do that; I have a ton of work scattered throughout my computer that I think could really benefit from second opinions.