whats on YOUR christmas list (if you celebrate)?
#1
Something i've put on mine that i'm particularly excited for is to try some of those variety boxes of candy from different countries around the world, i think it'll be fun to try all of them and see what i get :^)

also, VHS tapes. i like making weird kinda sorta surrealist stuff but ''VHS filters'' on editing programs are usually pretty obvious so i figure ''why not just use the real thing?'' now that i have a VCR that i got from my gammy which i think can play VHS tapes?? idk, i grew up with blu-ray, i just like the little visual effects that VHS tapes create. it feels like looking at a memory in a way that i don't really see with newer recording stuff.

i also have all of my deltarune plushies that i don't currently have on my list. i'm trying to collect them all, since if and when i do lose interest in the game i would like to give them all away so that people who couldn't afford them otherwise can have them. also because, y'know, having collections is nice and i like doing that. i collect coffee mugs too




until then, i have halloween to look forward to. i was wanting to make an opossum mask styled after those ''showbiz'' animatronics for my costume with a tail & everything, but i've probably run out of time to do that by now so i guess i'm going without a costume yet again. aghhg.
Reply
#2
I feel like it's surprisingly hard to create an authentic looking VHS look. Like of course there's filters you can throw on in editing software but I agree it's kind of obvious. How would use the VCR to get the effect onto your work?

Personally I kind of want a backpack. I have like 4 backpacks that are all shredded and have broken zippers. Be nice to ditch them and just have one proper one lol

Reply
#3
(10-01-2026, 12:38 AM)JosephCow Wrote: I feel like it's surprisingly hard to create an authentic looking VHS look. Like of course there's filters you can throw on in editing software but I agree it's kind of obvious. How would use the VCR to get the effect onto your work?

Personally I kind of want a backpack. I have like 4 backpacks that are all shredded and have broken zippers. Be nice to ditch them and just have one proper one lol

i got a backpack from christmas a few years ago, it has a bunch of opossums on it. (i really like opossums, if you...couldn't tell, lol)
i didn't have much of a use for it at the time but i have a job now so it comes in handy. i think it's very cute

also as for the VCR thing, i don't really know, since i know very little about retro technology, i just know that i think it's cool. i'll probably have to get my dad to help me since he's a lot more familiar with how all of that works
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)