Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Arch's Book of Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Today's studies. My faces are still so bad. Gotta do more.

[attachment=60365]
Nice man. Really clean work!
mmmmm nice studies ya got there.
Awesome sketches and awesome studies! Keep em comin!
OtherMuzz- Hey, thanks man!

The Aether- Thanks, glad you like!

wreck- Thanks, definitely going to keep up with stuff.

Some face studies from yesterday. After working on the CHOW for a bit, I got stuck. I would gladly say that I was happy that these were challenging for me, but I don't know how to feel at all about that.

Like . . . these were really hard. Haha.

Challenges grow humans, right? :V

[attachment=60430]
More stuff.

God, these hurt to do and look at.

More challenge.

[attachment=60442]
Those faces are lookin nice man and I really love how you did those boots.
The faces are looking good dude, keep it up!
Ben- Thanks man! I really need to remember what I did with those boots, haha. I'm pretty fond of the little outcome on those.

warmics- Thanks, there's definitely going to be more coming through!

It's been forever since I posted. I've been very busy living life, graduation is next week, preparing my body for doing scary things, small client work, etc etc. . . Been steeped in depression because of the the anxiety being brought on by a lot of this. Glad I was able to find a way to continue working.

So, I didn't make the deadline for the CHOW I was working so hard to not miss. Regardless, I'll still be finishing it. The rest are sketches, and the white characters at the bottom were for a client.

I need to do more studies and get better because I shouldn't be getting paid for my quality of work . . . I'm open to suggestions from anyone on my plans for the future. Despite all the planning we were supposed to be doing throughout college, I've felt like I squandered my time and am now leaving with a half-baked experience and the need for $$$ when I'm barely good enough to successfully execute client needs.

I've got 6 months of no loan payments before I REALLY need to start bringing money in. I'm thinking of taking a month to figure my shit out, something I should have done before even considering college. That is, I want to study my ass off and do nothing but art to better myself. That means no $$$. I'd be free to do JUST art and personal business. This would leave me with 5 months to procure work. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting to become a god-tier artist/human within that month. It's the time I think I need to really attack some problem areas that would otherwise be detrimental to my success.

Thoughts? Haha. Anyways, I'm going to start being more frequent again. I love this place, it's a great home.

[attachment=61262]
[attachment=61268]
[attachment=61267]
[attachment=61270]
[attachment=61269]
[attachment=61263]
[attachment=61264]
[attachment=61265]
[attachment=61266]
Some Studies.

[attachment=61528]
Awesome studies and hard work going in. Awesome improvement going out! Drawdrawdraw, paintpaintpaint. Grin
Bookend- Thanks! :D

Not much for right now. Been spending a lot of time with friends and figuring things out.

More stuff to come, though. :]

[attachment=61857]
[attachment=61858]
Improper execution sketch.

Gotta stop doing new things and focus more on finishing stuff. Haha. :D

[attachment=61926]
Nice to see you focusing on tightly on stuff you want to improve on. Seems to me that the faces look more diverse and expressive. Sitting down and painting a more rendered character with a visible face can't hurt ;D
Really loving your sketches, and looking forward to seeing you finish more stuff :D
Once you post that stuff I'd love to stop in and give my feedback. Keep up the great work
Adzerak- Yeah, I'm definitely planning on doing some stuff to really test all this. :D

Jeremy- Thanks, man! The archer girl is one of the things that I've been working on lately, and I'm still unsure if I'm ready to really go back to it without more studies. Usually, most of the things I post are unfinished anyways, so feel free to give feedback whenever! :D

I did another sketch again. It's a problem. I'm also trying to get back into doing daily gestures as it's an enjoyable exercise for me that gets me ready for the day, and I find it also helps to continually examine the subject matter, keeping it fresh for memory application.

[attachment=62009]
[attachment=62010]
Hey man, I really dig the direction you took a little while back with your character stuff. It feels really energetic and fun. Like some others are saying, would love to see them fully fleshed out, you've got a pretty good base to build on with the sketches.
Pnate- Hey, thanks! It's been a while, man. I'm planning on finishing up old business while I plan ahead on future projects and characters. Gotta get past the fear of completion, I suppose. :D

Still doing gestures everyday as warm-ups. Some life shit has gotten in the way, which is why I haven't been as active as I hoped. I'm on the fence on whether or not it's worth even finishing the old pieces I've got on here. I think it's still worth a shot. :]

Gestures and a me thing.

[attachment=62256]
[attachment=62257]
[attachment=62258]
[attachment=62259]
[attachment=62260]
Hey there! first, i love your characters, specially the witch with the eyepatch haha.
From what i can see it look like you already know what needs to be done, its just a matter of time, you are already on the thorny path of improvement. xD
EduardoGaray- Thanks, man! Glad you like 'em. It's quite the thorny path, indeed, I can attest to that. Haha. Much pain, so gain.

Don't feel like I'm getting enough done during the day. Went and did some application of the gestures. My poses are so stiff, proportions are off, and my hands are just . . . bad. Gotta stop holding off on the paintings, too!

More studies for me!

[attachment=62327]
[attachment=62328]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24