Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: Arch's Book of Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
More studies. Anatomy still sucks, but that's all right, it's all apart of the process! :D

Application time now! I'll try and come back with something finished.

[attachment=62535]
[attachment=62536]
WIP and a sketch. I'm going to try and follow up with this one. It's so hard. :'''D

[attachment=62683]
[attachment=62684]
the gestures and rendering is looking really solid dude, good work.

I think you could push your designs a little bit, right now a lot of them seem sort of basic... they all kinda look like studies to me. Which is good if we are talking about rendering, but yeah I think you could get more courageous with the shapes and whatnot.

Maybe it's a stylistic thing though i'm not sure, just a suggestion.

:)
JJ Aaron- Thanks, man! You're right, I definitely need to work in more design, probably because I've been focusing too heavily on fundamentals lately.

Thanks again. :]

Warm-up gestures/studies.

[attachment=62719]
Quick study from yesterday.
Small update on this. I'm slowly working in more "interesting" elements to make it more fun.

Critique's welcome, as always. :]

[attachment=62921]
Sketchy thing.

[attachment=62930]
Some more stuff.

Just preliminaries before getting back to the piece. I'm still awful with faces, which means more studies to be less awful! :'D

[attachment=63028]
[attachment=63029]
Face studies. Pretty ready to get back to the piece. :]

[attachment=63071]
[attachment=63072]
More sketches and experimenting with various techniques. I don't suppose there's a certain process I'm trying to develop, but rather how many ways the same thing can be done. Flow has been another thing that's been of great interest to me lately. Michael Hampton talks about using interlaced lines to create motion, so I figured it can be applied to painting as well to achieve a similar effect that livens a painting/design.

I'm really going to finish the lady now. Haha! Gotta stop making new things for a while. :D

[attachment=63240]
Another quickie because faces are still hard and all that.

Still playing with technique. I'm still getting those flattened planes.

[attachment=63286]
Still working on stuff. Some tiny gestures for now. :]

[attachment=63384]
Daily studies. I've really got to get in more painting.

[attachment=63716]
[attachment=63717]
[attachment=63718]
Alright, the girl is pretty much done, I think. There's still something I feel I'm not getting, maybe I'm over-thinking the whole idea of "finish". Either way, there's a lot of stuff I learned by following through with it and not abandoning the piece.

It's going to be great to correct all the mistakes I made in this one on the next painting! :]

[attachment=63776]
[attachment=63775]
nice studies!- reminds me I should really be doing more studies myself...
Aether- Thanks! Studies are great to do a lot of! :D

Some WIP of something I'm trying to work with real quick to test some stuff out. Humans are hard. I need to start looking for work soon . . .

[attachment=64098]
[attachment=64095]
[attachment=64096]
[attachment=64097]
Humans are indeed hard haha >< but hey! Props to you posing this current wip in a dynamic pose!
And yeah the word "finished" is so shifty and easy to over think hey? I'm in the same boat Archreux haha - but you're doing things to overcome that! Master studies tend to help too with that kind of thing

Also faahkkk I'm in love with your head sketches, specially bunny girl

Keep it up Archreux-!
smrr- Hey, thanks! You could always look at it in a way that an artwork is never truly finished, or however that saying goes. Haha. I suppose it does just come with doing a lot of work. Definitely going to do more people, even if it looks like an amazing abomination! :D

Here's some more studies. Nothing all that exciting aside from the still life as it has been some time since the last time I've done one. The knight, the assassin, and some sketches are in the queue.

I'm thinking of doing some more Final Fantasy Tactics fan art, too.

[attachment=64191]
[attachment=64192]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=64096]
please explain?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24