Crimson Daggers — Art forum

Full Version: BLOODSPORT 13 - TIME WARRIORS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Can't wait to see the finals.

[attachment=16415]

[attachment=16416]

update:

[attachment=16632]
Here's my progress so far, so much fun :p

Updated :
Robot sketch for the sidekick and Costume study

Update :
Face study for the expression
Just finished some comps. Basically my time warrior is a WW2 fighter pilot from the past and is accompanied by a robot co-pilot sidekick to help him learn and use the futuristic technology of the jet. If I'm not getting the message across in these comps:
1. They are being pursued and are taking fire from enemy aircraft. The background is a futuristic city.
2. Same premise as 1, but they are further from the city and the robot is doing repairs on a damaged wing mid flight.
3. No pursuit on this one, Just them flying & enjoying scenery. Maybe I would add a sunset in the back ground.
4. Same premise as 1 & 2 but with a different angle and the robot firing back at the pursuing aircraft.

I'm very likely going with 4, but if anyone has any suggestions of what I can add or change, or which elements I can take from 1, 2 & 3 to enhance 4, will be much appreciated.
[attachment=16426]
finally got time for bloodsports! a few sketches for now
[Image: 44B043B044304350441044004480443044F0_zps0e39b026.jpg]

Royugang

Hello Everybody,

Here are the updates of my entry for BLOODSPORTS. I plan to make this into a full picture book cover spread illustration in the final image. Here you can you see the blurb at the back page.

And a concept sketch for the main hero, who is almost a self portrait. Lolz

Updated the concept sketch for the sidekick, the robo eagle

Best,

Roy

JabyReART

Stop before start applying colour!
Here is the progress of my piece...

[Image: WIP3.jpg]
still struggling with the comp

@thomas: i really like the mood of the picture with the gandalf-face

the_PARIAH

Hi everyone, I started with some super rough concepts for this.

Think I'll go with a sci-fi chick in a fantasy setting, time to get some reference.

[img][Image: R33BKCG.jpg][/img]

[Image: lOaSwg1.jpg]

PTimm

man im geekin out over how awesome everyone's updates are!!! can't wait to see the finished products.

here's a few studies and some concept sketches for my piece, decided to go w the knight flying on a hover bike comp

[Image: cybergirlcopy_zpse991cfe3.jpg]

[Image: knightdesigns_zps47f0022b.jpg]

[Image: biker_zpseb1a0ff2.jpg]

[Image: bikestudy_zpsfd3b4269.jpg]

[Image: armorstudy_zps0b9fdf4d.jpg]

[Image: knightdesigns_zpsf34712bf.jpg]

[Image: futureperfect_zpscb7472a4.jpg]

[Image: bikedesign_zps106c2eda.jpg]

[Image: bikedesign2_zps255be201.jpg]
Progress on my Bloodsports submission, it's still pretty early and looks preetty shitty right now ha xD Any crits would be greatly appreciated, I'll post some crits for others soon too :)

[Image: e36f5b5b1213ebb321a1a385888d4f04.png]

[Image: f3ab70c54a7758fdb91feaf4be1880d0.png]

[Image: 47a09e487576f9b370811a330cfcd77a.png]

[Image: ae34b4385aba3ecbd0012eba31fb6d8e.png]
Lovely to see the progress on everyone's work!

today I got some more silhouettes to pick the main character's design, did some studies on some patterns (was traditional, will take pics later, sorry =().

[attachment=16566]

Started roughing out the final piece, but without giving the designs, anatomy and poses too much of a thought. I'll start the studies tomorrow to get color and other stuff into the image =), please point out mistakes and feel free to crit!!!

oh yeah, and I didn't forget the sidekick! I just didn't decide what he will look like, but basically it will be a small bot so I'm not worrying too much!

[attachment=16565]

cerkvenik

Hey daggers!
Really nice ideas around here! And very different! That´s cool to see!
Here´s my first sketch, I have the main character outfit pretty defined, I´ll have to study a lot to do a cyberpunk robot as it´s a theme I´m not very used..
Looking at it righ now, I think I´ll take off the gas mask as it´s looking too similar to one of Brad Rigney´s illustration :/

C&C critiques are mostly welcome!
Good luck to us all!

[Image: crkvnk_blood1_zpsd8a23378.jpg]
Update of my work:
Hey guys,

great stuff all round :) its really inspiring to see what everyone comes up with!

Heres a drawing I did of main man Dillon 'The Danger' Kobrax and he's going to kick some dark knight ass!

Superfly Futuristic Cop gets dropped through a time warp caused by the evil magicks of Xaksis. He will realise that he is not too cool to be the hero :D

[attachment=16603]

lucas ps

Hello Daggers,
I've been working on my bloodsports entry, in the time I have, since friday the 8th.

I don't have too much too show though... these are the stuff I was working on
[attachment=16616]

[Image: study1.jpg]
[Image: study2m.jpg]

[attachment=16617]

[Image: capa1w.jpg]

Thank you!
Lucas Parolin

Durandal

Here's a study of the fossa. The companion in my image will be the (now extinct) giant fossa.

[attachment=16633]

andrecastelo

Fuck yeah bloodsports. Here's a few wips and thumbs

[attachment=16634]
[attachment=16635]
Here's my first thought for this challenge.

I tried so many things, I couldn't decide which way to go so I stuck to my first idea (I'll post my other ideas later)

I really tried to work on the composition and make it the more dynamic I could. I'm not sure I fill all the requirements for the challenge, my hero don't seem much like a warrior but I've still time to have another idea.

Let me know what you think !

[attachment=16642]
WOOW. So much potential for great pieces!
The level of the competition is so high i wondered if i should participate. The hunger for knowledge was bigger I guess.

Here are my thumbnails, my main hero concept ( have to work on that), study of gestures from some art piecec (Frazetta), study of perspective and sketch.
Feedback is welcome.

[attachment=16652]

[attachment=16651]
[attachment=16650]
[attachment=16654]
[attachment=16653]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15